CD Text - I think

scrapbook

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think this is what I am asking about!

My car stereo has the ability to tell me information about the cd that I am playing by pushing a little button.

Any idea how I get to log the artist name and single details to a Burnt CD via something like I Tunes?

Does that make any sense what so ever??:D

don't think so with iTunes.....may require diff software. E.g I can input text on my MD using my portable Sharp MD player/recorder or Sony MD seperate which have a function to input text.

You can't do it with proper CDs, becuase they arent re-recordable. The CD Text function will only work with CDs you have burnt yourself off the computer. These should automatically do the track info, as long as the original MP3 file on the computer has it!

Thanks I was referring to CD's I burn myself. I will have another look at that then when playing with I tunes

Cds which you burn via Nero have the ability to have CD-Text placed on them. However when you build a compilation from iTunes and burn from there I believe you do not have the option to add CD-Text.

A number of people have already complained to Apple re this.

KH

I've been using Nero & my Kenwood multichanger has the CD text facilitly but I cannot get the text to appear on the display..!

Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers.

Very rarly you will also find a bought CD with CD text on. I've only seen it on sony music cds.

I don't get this, whenever I burn a CD using SonicStage or using Nero, it will automatically put the track info on it from the original MP3 file.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom