1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD Storage

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by warrj, Mar 15, 2003.

1. warrj

warrj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I seem to be drowning in CDs. I have (at a guess) around 1000 albums plus around 200 singles. I'm currently using a couple of CD cabinets from Ikea which are now overflowing. Could anyone recommend any storage solutions for at least 1000 CDs which isn't heinously expensive?

My long term goal is to buy a hard disk jukebox when one is available which sounds as good as my Arcam CD23 and which will hold all my CDs.

My nightmare scenario is to empty all my CDs into wallets of 150 or so.

Regards,

Jules.

2. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I just use a tall book case with a few extra shelves

ad

3. Sunday Ironfoot

Sunday Ironfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You need to buy proper audiophile quality HIFI CD racks that isolate vibrations and improve the sound quality of your CD's. Atacama has a good one for around £5000. :rotfl:

4. eddiea

eddiea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    Have a look at www.boltz.com

I have 2 of their racks for DVD's and CDs....lovely quality and very easy to add to...also very good prices with free transport from the US,leaving you only a small amount of duty to pay.

6. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    I have exactly the same problem, at least you know your not the only one:D

Those Ikea drawer are brilliant, but they are not the best looking things in the world, I have started to wonder if I shouldnt just sell the albums I dont much care for, its not my usual style, but when will I next listen to Belinda Carlisle. I dont much fancy the wallet things either, although some of the jewel cases are becoming a bit tatty anyway so it probably would'nt matter much.

Have you looked at the wallet storage? Can you put all the bits from the cd case in there and does it take double and triple cds?

The only other way is a custom storage cabinet...mega bucks.

Some of the ethnick shops stock cabinets with multiple drawers , which look about cd size, trouble is access to the cds.

Let me know if you do solve it.

7. warrj

warrj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0