Question Cd/sacd input on my new amp.

jeff52pnr

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello. just bought a new pioneer amp. I connect my CD player to the input CD/SACD input. The cds play but some tracks are not too bad while some have the vocals very weak. Most tracks sound weird. My CD player is from the 80s and my cd discs are quite old so I think the sacd business doesnt really exist in my repertoir. When I change inputs on amp and use eg LINE. 1. It plays fine.
So wondering if it’s a fault on the input or is the cd/sacd input not suitable for old CD players. Suppose I can carry on using line 1 but I’m curious to know if it’s a fault. If so I’d better check everything else carefully. Thanks to all.

It's just a label, except for specific phono turntable inputs the analogue inputs should all be the same.

Sounds like a faulty connection. As it's new it's prob best just to return it for a new one.

Does sound like a faulty input. Return for exchange if you possibly can. At the very least log the fault with your supplier.

Thanks to all. Turns out it’s working today. I apologize, maybe the leads weren’t pushed in enough. Will make sure again tomorrow that it’s ok. Anyway, I’m relieved and thanks for the useful info.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom