CD-Rs with Panasonic E85

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by JEG649, May 21, 2004.

1. JEG649

JEG649
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looking to buy Panasonic E85 and wondered if it's possible to use it record music Cd-r. Why you may ask - if I record a live concert onto the Harddrive, I then want to put the highlights onto a CD which I can then for example listen to in my car?

Any thoughts?

:lease:

2. sfc

sfc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you have a pc that can read (only has to read) ram disks and has a cd writer then you can transfer the concert from panny HD to ram then onto pc HD, rip the audio, mess about with it until you get it as you want and burn it as an audio cd.

The panny machine itself won't write to cd's though, sorry.

3. eddyad

eddyad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    1. If you have a CD recorder in your hi-fi, then record to that by connecting the E85 audio out to the CD recorder direct or through your hi-fi.

2. If you have a PC with a CD writer and the E85 is located close enough, then you could connect the E85 audio out to the PC line in (with a 2-RCA jack to a 3.5 stereo jack connecting lead) and record the audio on to the PC's HDD as a .WAV file then edit as required and write a CD.
    Some PC's willl record audio direct to CDs, but I wouldn't recommend it.
    The built-in microsoft sound recorder won't do long recordings satisfactorily so you will need a supplementary piece of s/w.
    Real player v.10 (free) can record from analog input.
    If you plan to do this a lot I recommend a sound processor called Goldwave but there is a 'learning curve'. You can try it free from www.goldwave.com