CD replay ( bitstream or analogue)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Wilf, May 30, 2002.

1. Wilf

Wilf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi, I,ve being reading on or two DVD reviews and they seem to suggest that Audio CD's are best played through analogue connections rather than digital bitstream. I was under the impression it was the other way around. I use a SD210e with coax.

Appologies if I've confused myself and I'm going to test it tonight to see if I can hear a difference.

2. gazzerr

gazzerr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think the answer is it depends:clown:

It depends on how good your DAC's are in your source component and amp, what your amp does with an analogue signal and the quality of the digital bitstream from the source.

The only way to know is to experiment as you are going to do. I found using the analogue output from the source was better in my case.

Happy listening;)

3. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I prefer the "digital sound", i.e. connected via optical or coaxial cable. Seems to be more cleaner and detailed to me.

4. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have my CD player connected to the analogue CD in phonos on my amp. I have a Sony 940 which has an analogue direct mode, bypassing all the EQ junk. This to me sounds much better than when I tried optical. A more expensive amp may not have this problem though.

S