1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD Recorders

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by forestfan, Feb 28, 2003.

1. forestfan

forestfan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Can anyone recommend a good CD recorder for about the maximum budget of £200.00 for my father as he wants to record all his old collection of jazz records.

2. KJ_Palmer

KJ_Palmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can get the Pioneer PDR-609 at AVland or Richer Sounds or on the High Street for just under £200.
    It's said to be good for copying vinyl (I use mine for CD copying).
    You can get cheaper, eg. the Philips at Richer Sounds for £150, but not, I think, better, at the price.

3. CJROSS

CJROSS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    The Pioneer 609 is a fine CD reocrder from all I have heard, but can you spend £100 more then you can bag yourself a Marantz CDR6000, this is the benchmark recorder available below £1000 IMHO (normal rrp £500) and it also has CD playback to shame CD players costing the same at full rrp. Worth the £100 IMHO then you also have a fine playback device as well.

http://www.richersounds.com/index.php?f=itemdetl.php&p=202002

4. cookiemonster

cookiemonster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You could always get a DR6000 for £200 or less s/h. Unless of course it has to be new.