1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD-R vs CD sound quality

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by thedoc46, Jul 26, 2003.

1. thedoc46

thedoc46

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What is considered the difference in quality between a copied disc and an original CD ??

Cos it's digital theoretically there shouldn't be any. Unless not all of the bits are copied over..

Or is the change soooo little it would be impossible for the human ear to distinguish.

Cheers

2. puddleduck

puddleduck

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
  3. Mr 928

Mr 928

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thedoc46,
    You'd be surprised at the difference in quality. All the top end sound seems to be flattened when listening to a copied disc. I use both my Mirage Omnipolar floorstanding speakers and also being trying some Mirage Omni-Sat speakers (really bright sounding speakers), and boy can you tell - flat flat flat...

4. WhyAyeMan

WhyAyeMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +276
    Your copier, and / or CD-R's are crap.

I'm not being funny mate, but its true. Mine are absolutley identical. Either that, or your mind is playing tricks on you ;)

5. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    Not so sure about that,Paul.....once the copying is done,a lot comes down to the quality of the replay system and it's ability to resolve the differences between the copies and originals....I'd agree with Mr 928,and would also say that mine can easily show the difference between a copy and the original.
    There are lots of very good scientific reasons why there should be differences,and why they may or may not be audible,and most of them have been gone over on these forums at great length.