• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

CD player with streaming

euskadi

Standard Member
Can anyone recommend a CD player with integrated streaming for radio especially? I've been looking at 3 possible models, but don't know if there are any others that are better.
1 Pioneer NC50 DAB. Some have reported problems with the CD tray opening.
2 Marantz Melody MCR412. Someone mention a design fault in that it overheats!
3 Yamaha CD NT67OD which is cheaper than the first two.

I also read that the Arcam CD S27 has been discontinued, though could have been a good alternative.

Many thanks

Patricia P

If you have an iPhone or iPad that can be dedicated to streaming, a Marantz CD player will stream any app smoothly with no hassle. The iPhone will charge at the same time, but even my iPad discharged slowly. It's a good source, as I like the DAC in the marantz.

I use the marantz cd6006 to stream BBC sounds, Amazon music and foobar 2000 for my music on a local server.

euskadi

Standard Member
Although I have an ipad, I don't want to be bothered with extra "complications". Does this Marantz need an amplifier?
Again, all I really want is a stand alone CD player + streaming for BBC radio programmes.

Johnyt

Standard Member
I personally can recommend the Yamaha NT67OD. It works flawlessly with the Music cast app for net radio Spotify etc. CD playback is pretty decent but I don't listen to many CDs in my office theses days. However the blade runner soundtrack and Nils Lofgren CD do come out occasionally and sound great.

I have this setup with the accompanying A-U670 amp. This incidentally has a USB DAC input which I use for music and games on the computer. WOT sounds great with the Dali bookshelfs and two subwoofers but thast's another story

gibbsy

Any
Although I have an ipad, I don't want to be bothered with extra "complications". Does this Marantz need an amplifier?
Again, all I really want is a stand alone CD player + streaming for BBC radio programmes.
The cd6006 needs to be either connected to an amp and passive speakers. You can use the cd6006 with headphones as it a fairly good headphone socket with a 27mW headphone which will drive all but the very difficult headphones over 300 ohms.

Johnyt

Standard Member
The Marantz Melody MCR412 & Pioneer NC50 DAB has the amp built in you just need to hook up speakers to the terminals on the back. The Yamaha will need a separate amp

euskadi

Standard Member
I personally can recommend the Yamaha NT67OD. It works flawlessly with the Music cast app for net radio Spotify etc. CD playback is pretty decent but I don't listen to many CDs in my office theses days. However the blade runner soundtrack and Nils Lofgren CD do come out occasionally and sound great.

I have this setup with the accompanying A-U670 amp. This incidentally has a USB DAC input which I use for music and games on the computer. WOT sounds great with the Dali bookshelfs and two subwoofers but thast's another story
Many thanks, I'll bear it in mind.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom