Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

CD Player upgrade

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Dan_H, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Dan_H

Dan_H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm in the process of upgrading my system (see my other thread entitled Amp upgrade + tone controls), and wasn't planning to change my CD player just yet, but have encountered a couple of what seem to be massive bargains, and was wondering what other members thought. My present CD player is a 4 year old Sony CDP XB740E.

The two players I have found are the Philips DVD963SA SACD player, and the Roksan Kandy CD/DVD.

I'm quite a purist and normally wouldn't consider combining CD with DVD playing duties, but the bargains that can be had seem almost too good to pass up. My questions to the forum are: which do people thing would be the better player, and does anyone know if the Roksan CD/DVD sounds as good as the dedicated Kandy CD player?

2. CJROSS

CJROSS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    Ive heard nothing of good reports of the 963 as A CD player. And yes you can get good CD replay from DVD players.

3. CJROSS

CJROSS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343