CD Player Upgrade, Advice needed

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by brokenhat, Mar 18, 2006.

1. brokenhat

brokenhat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all, I have an Arcam AVR300 with a NAD C521BEE CD Player with Monster 400 Interconnects. My speakers are Epos M12.2 biamped from the Arcam using QED Silver Anniversary XT wire. I am looking to upgrade the CD Player and have narrowed it down (I think) to the Arcam CD73T and the Cyrus CD6s. Both seem to have similiarly great reviews and would make a noticable difference in sound from my current low end player, so which one? Should I stick to the Arcam as somtimes cd/amp combinations from the same manufacturer work better together? Also I live in Bermuda so I ahve to buy blind although I have heard the Arcam at a friends house but with everything else different... Thanks,

Or would a Benchmark DAC1 be the best bet? I could use it with my current NAD as well as my Soundbridge....

Matt

2. Cable Monkey

Cable Monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +205
    I personally think you would get at least as much mileage out of the DAC as a new player, plus other digital sources can go through it also.

3. brokenhat

brokenhat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I've just ordered a silver DAC1 and it will be here in 2-5 days, can't wait hope I made the right decision, I so rarley do! :)

4. Cable Monkey

Cable Monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +205
    Let us know how you get on. :)