1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cd player to put with mission m70 speakers

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by 7 of 9, Nov 26, 2003.

1. 7 of 9

7 of 9
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    what is the best cd player to put with mission m70 speakers.

i was thinking of one of these but dont know which one: marantz cd5400 or the nad c521bee or nad c542 or the arcam cd73t.

i listen to mostly dance and pop music but others aswell like rock and classic.

my room is medium size

2. nsherin

nsherin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I'm using a NAD C521BEE with a Yamaha AV receiver and a pair of Mission m70 speakers. I auditioned the Marantz, but found it a little too bright sounding combined with the Yamaha electronics - something I was trying to get away from.

The NAD has a nice warm, detailed sound, with a good level of bass. It's solidly built, at 6kg and even on my bookshelf that it sits on (nowhere else to place it at the moment), it doesn't skip if the shelf is accidently knocked.

What amp are you using?

3. zoolander

zoolander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The marantz cd5400 does have a splashy treble but can sound very exciting as a result,some people may like it.Nads are nice and balanced but not particularly detailed and doesnt have a stand out strength such as whopping bass or airy treble.Just neutral.For those speakers,i wouldnt venture beyond £300 as they wont be able to reveal the extra clarity and detail of more expensive players.The new Cambridge Audio 640C would be your best bet,at £250 its better built than the Nad and has the wolfson DAC used in the cd73T.Its also had glowing reviews in both whathifi and hifichoice magazines.Richersounds do a 14day money back garuntee so it would hurt taking it home 4 a couple of weeks and see if its the 1 for u.

zoolander:D