1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cd Player To Partner Teac Legacey 800

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by aldo, Apr 5, 2005.

1. aldo

aldo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Im Looking For A Good Cd Player To Partner A Teac Legacey 800 System ,it Has To Be Silver, Has Anybody Got Any Ideas

2. Knightshade

Knightshade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Hi Aldo,
    What's your budget? What kind of music do you listen to?
    The more you can tell us about what you're looking for the better advice you'll get.
    Cheers
    Knight

3. deanym

deanym

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    How about the CD section form the TEAC 300/500 reference range?

4. aldo

aldo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi nightshade, i listen to soft rock like george harrison ,tom petty,bob dylan and the odd bit of jazz, kind of blue is a particular favouirte.i have stopped buying cds and just buy music dvds now but i still need something to play the dozen or so cds i have left in my collection the others ended up on ebay to fund my music dvd collection. the teac dvd does a good job of playing back cds but i think spennding a couple of ton on a dedicated cd player would bring a slight inprovement .i may look at the teac refrence but how good are the nad cd players theas days ,i like the look of them .thanks for all the help you guys can give me

5. Knightshade

Knightshade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Hi Aldo,
    I don't know much about the NAD players, Only thing I can suggest is: If you're prepared to go second hand you may find it will be worthwhile. Rega Planet, Exposure 2010, Arcam CD72 etc should all be available for £200 S/H. You might also want to take a look in the DAC market. A lot of people use DVD capable players with an external Dac to very good effect with redbook CD playback. Get the right one and you can often connect multiple devices.
    I for one can't discern a huge difference between cheaper CD players. Others will probably disagree but I think you could make better use of your cash than investing in a new CDP.

6. aldo

aldo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i want to keep it as simple as possible,1 box, wot is redbook

7. deanym

deanym

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Red Book is the cd standard laid down by philips in the early 80's.

If a disc doesn't fit these stds then it can be classed as a cd (the copyright protected discs are a case in point).

Second hand machines are probably the way to go as Knightshade states.

A marantz 67 or an alpha range arcam would probably suffice and these can be had for less than a ton. And most are well looked after.

ebay and hififorsale.com should help here.