1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD Player servicing?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by superkully, Feb 4, 2005.

1. superkully

superkully
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a Denon DCD-520 which after nearly a decade of service is showing its age with a slightly noisy drive during playback.

Anyone know where I could get it serviced? I don't want to replace it because it sounds right with the rest of my setup (and I have so many memories) but if it's not cost effective I'm eyeing the NAD C521BEE.

PS I've also got a Sansui CD-190, it's 'not bad' but I'm having real trouble finding out anything about the make - they seem to make televisions now. Anyone know anything about them?

2. severnsource

severnsource

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Can't help with the Deno, if it was me I'd just replace it!

Sansui are a long established Japanese company. They had a vivible presence in the Hi-Fi market in the 60s and 70s. They even developed their own variant on a matrixed surroumd sound system.

I don't know what their current status is.

Bill

3. Eddy Boy

Eddy Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Contact Denon see what they say.

4. superkully

superkully
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Eddy, I hadn't even considered that - although in this day an age you're lucky if the company you buy something off will help you two weeks after you bought it, let alone nine years!