1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD player+receiver or CD player+Amp???

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Geoxis, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Geoxis

Geoxis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    :hiya: ,

I have a more oriented AV setup (please see signature) at the moment than a hifi but I want to have a bit of both now. My budget is £250 max.

What do you think I should do, purchase a good CD player maybe a CA 640C along with my Denon 2805 (will it be sufficient) or purchase a separate system with amp and cd player? How will I connect it? as I already have my front speakers connected to my 2805?

Any suggestions or opinions will be a great help,

Thanks

2. Geoxis

Geoxis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I thought, I would have decided by now....

At least give me a direction is the CA 640C good??
    The rotel I heard a lot of good things about it but is price is £379 this is a bit out of the budget! Is it really worth the extra £130....

Please guys help......

Geoxis

3. deanym

deanym

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Go for second hand stereo integrateds, such as naim, MF, roksan and rotel etc, you'll get more for your money and most of the above are pretty bullet proof when it comes to amps. Amps that retailed at around a grand can be had for less than the rotel RA02 asking price second hand.

Connections would be as follows:-

From the AV amp pre-outs, send the front left and right to the stereo via phono's into the aux1 socket. Then connect front left and right speaker to the left and right speaker terminals on the stereo amp. Connect cd player and other stereo sources into the stereo amp. DVD player remains with the AV amp.

Set volume on stereo integrated at 12 o'clock (or other easily repeatable position), then balance through the settings on the av amp so that all channels (surrounds, centre etc) are the same level.

then when you want to list to your av amp select Aux1, and put volume at 12 oclock (or wherever you set) and enjoy. For cd select cd and remember to turn it down (or put on some attenuators to lessen the blow - as I've done).

4. Geoxis

Geoxis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    deanym,

Thanks for that I'll try....

Geoxis