1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cd player for 106

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by chedmaster, Sep 9, 2005.

1. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    the 106 im buying has a code locked OEM tape player, which i dont care much for. im looking to replace it with a reasonable CD head unit, but don't have much to spend at all.

is this likely to be as pants as its place in the range suggests?

i dont need RDS radio, will probably only ever use it for CD's anyway, but will it sound awful?

to start with it will just be driving the original in door speakers, but as soon as i find some cheap 6x9's theyll be heading for the holes in the parcel shelf, and it'll drive all 4, how will it cope?

Also do peugeot 106's (S reg) have this standard ISO connector or do they need a converter, and do they need a blanking adaptor?

sorry for all the questions, first car and i need a cd player!

:)

2. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
  3. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    theres two big holes in the parcel shelf, so i thought id fill em! previous owner obviously took his out. i think im gonna go for this. two birds with one stone :).

How easy is it to replace the OEM speakers in the doors? i imagine theyre abysmal as every 106 i see has parcel shelf speakers :rolleyes:.

also can i just use normal home speaker cable for the parcel shelf speaker? any tricks of the trade to run them discreetly?

:offtopic: ps how was the meet up?

4. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    Meet up was great although more people would have been nice. :smashin:

The front speakers shouldn't be too hard to replace although I havn't tried it myself - the trim could be a different matter altogether though!

Perhaps Mylo or someone else with experience of a Pug might be able to help. :)