Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

cd player amp advice used ?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by fender62, May 6, 2005.

1. fender62

fender62

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    my hifi packed in the all in one type mini system, i shoud have bought separates but didnt, so my question is plus im on a budget is like to get just an amp and a cd player used what brands would should i get and or steer clear of remeber on a budget would spend up to a ton used for both plus cd player must be able to play cdr's

2. jon_mendel

jon_mendel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I like Marantz and Cambridge Audio for budget amps and CD players; maybe also try to listen to some NAD boxes (saw a marantz pm7000 amp on ebay that ends soon and, if it goes for much under £100 and is in decent nick, would seem to be a fair deal - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3280&item=5771591930&rd=1). btw, what speakers are you planning on using with the system?

Sony also make some decent budget CD players imho - their CDP 270 and 370 are worth a listen, with relatively detailed sound for the price and a nice sense of timing; also v flexible in terms of playing CD-Rs, scratched CDs etc. I'm admittedly biased though - the CDP-XE370 was my first separate CD player...actually I'm thinking of selling it to fund an upgrade so if let me know if you'd be interested and I'll start a for sale thread (£100 on avland, so secondhand it would be well within your budget).

Jon