cd or universal player?

toolapcblack

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi I am thinking of purchasing any of these players (purely for music playback);
Denon DCD 1460/3000/3300/1520/, Denon DVD 3910. Denon DBT-3313UD. DENON DBP-4010UD, Denon DVD-2930.
MARANTZ SA-7001 KI
SONY DVP-N999ES
T+A CD1200/1210
anyone with any experience of any of them? will be connected to a Primare pre/power Audio Physic setup
thanks

I've got a Denon DBT-3313 gathering dust. It's a transport only so will require an amp or receiver with it's own DAC onboard to process the audio. Very good player though. I also have a Marantz sa8005 and Marantz do make some very good players indeed and I would take an SACD player over a UD player in a stereo set up.

A UD player would make more sense if you also had it films with it's inclusion in a surround sound system. I currently have a Pioneer LX500 UD player which is great for multi channel SACD and I also have a Denon SACD player in the stereo system with both systems sharing the same front speakers. The standalone Denon is superior in audio quality for stereo music.

Ok many thanks for the reply.
On your DBT-3313 is the Denon HD link just a digital coax that can plug into any DAC?
What about newer the newer Denon DCD-600 1600NE, & 2500NE range are they good players? seem quite a range of prices though from £150-£1500

Ok many thanks for the reply.
On your DBT-3313 is the Denon HD link just a digital coax that can plug into any DAC?
What about newer the newer Denon DCD-600 1600NE, & 2500NE range are they good players? seem quite a range of prices though from £150-£1500
Denon Link will only work with those amps in the Denon range that have it. I had my 3313 connected by it to a Denon X6200. Not all have it, certainly not the lower tier models. The Denon Link is more to do with synchronising the clock of both player and amp, a HDMI connection is still need for processing.

As the DCD models, the 600 is CD only and the 1600 and 2500 are both SACD capable. I have the 2500 and I think it's absolutely superb. Breathes new life in redbooks. The 2500 is built like a tank and weight a hefty 13.7kg.

There are quite a few very happy 2500 and 1600 owners on here.

This a good owner's review of the DCD 1600 and myself and others have chipped in with our thoughts on the DCD 2500 as well.

been offered one of these PRIMARE V10 CD/DVD PLAYER for beer moniey are they any good as a transport?

or a rotel CD14 are these reliable? i have had older Rotel that lasted an age

Very good player and it's set in a price range that is very competitive with the Marantz cd6006 and newer cd6007 priced below it. I've not heard one but Rotel do have a pedigree.

I have the Sony UBP-x800m2 . Used as a cd/Blu-ray/streaming machine. I find it very good but your system will of course make it sound ver different. Overall... good value and plays any disc you throw at it 🙂

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom