CD/MP3 Player

aakaaruk

Novice Member
Hi

I wanted to buy a CD player which will also play different formats like MP3 CD's and integrate in to the CONTROL 4 system which I already have. Presently I have Yamaha bluray DVD player which plays CD's only but I have a lot of MP3 CD's which I wanted to play and the bluray obviously doesnt play any of the MP3's. I presently have the Yamaha amplifier and Yamaha Bluray player integrated to my home cinema and home audio system.
Could experts in this forum suggest which one would be the best product.

Thx

Nico72

Does you Blu-ray player have a USB port? If so, you may be able to copy all your MP3 files to one or more memory sticks and play them that way.

gibbsy

Hi

I wanted to buy a CD player which will also play different formats like MP3 CD's and integrate in to the CONTROL 4 system which I already have. Presently I have Yamaha bluray DVD player which plays CD's only but I have a lot of MP3 CD's which I wanted to play and the bluray obviously doesnt play any of the MP3's. I presently have the Yamaha amplifier and Yamaha Bluray player integrated to my home cinema and home audio system.
Could experts in this forum suggest which one would be the best product.

Thx
Moved here.

Most CD players will easily play CDR or CD-RW with MP3 file format. How some will integrate with your Control 4 system I don't have a scooby do.

dannnielll

Moved here.

Most CD players will easily play CDR or CD-RW with MP3 file format. How some will integrate with your Control 4 system I don't have a scooby do.
.. hi Gibbsy, ..I don't often do this , but I picked up Mitchell and Johnson headphones model MJ2 from Amazon .. these had a list price of 500, but currently at 103. I doubt there is anything at 5 times that price which competes for clarity on acoustic , vocals , piano..

gibbsy

dannnielll

As an apology to your OP, .. DvD players and Blu-ray player do have MP3 playing capabilities , but they tend to be very very rudimentary in their directory structure . Basically unless the music files are in the root directory , they are often inaccessible. The use of clever indexing layered directories of say multiple CDs with directories devoted to different artists, usually / often does not work. But the good news is that the capacity of usb memory sticks is now huge, and a single stick at 128GB, contains the content of 300 CDs

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Anthem AVM 70 Review, EQing Your Home Cinema Sound System and More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom