CD MP3 Player that plays nice with Sony MHC series

takenashi

Novice Member
Hi folks,
I'm looking for an 11" wide MP3-capable cd player.

I have a Sony MHC-MC1 mini hifi system that I absolutely love along with the minidisk player and PS-J11 compact turntable . All components are 11" wide and I made a custom 11" wide shelf for it so it all fits neatly together and looks pretty smart.

Issue is I have tons of audiobooks on MP3 CD, and the main unit doesn't read MP3's. I don't have a standalone MP3 CD player, so I'm currently doing a cumbersome external cd drive on laptop kind of thing to listen to them.

I'm looking for an elegant solution so I can enjoy my MP3 CD audiobooks and not have to look at the wire spaghetti that takes place now whenever I connect my laptop/external cd drive/etc

So, I'm looking for an MP3 CD player that's 11" / 280mm wide that would fit into the hi-fi stack. The vast majority seem to be 17" wide which I don't have space for. There are also a ton of micro systems that are 8"/9" wide or so, but again, they do not fit neatly into the existing stack.

So far the only player that I've found is the Marantz CR612 for like $700, which is definitely outside my budget. I also tried out the Sony CMT-SBT100, but at 11.5" unfortunately it's a half inch too wide to squeeze onto my custom shelf.

What do you folks think?

Thanks much!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom