cd/mp 3 players???

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by kokoshka, Nov 7, 2005.

1. kokoshka

kokoshka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I'm thinking of buying a cd/mp3 player. Even the top of the range models are comparatively cheap, battery life is generally very good, stability is fine. Mostly though, since portability for me means stuffing things into a bag rather than my pocket, I would rather keep the option of being able to hear uncompressed music, and also the ability to listen immediately to whatever I might buy on my travels. However, for those rare occasions when I might want to have 5 or 6 albums on one disc, an mp3 facility would be useful. If you have any recommendations, I would be grateful. I'm looking at Philips EXP7631 which has mp3 and wma, or Sony D-NE20, which has mp3 and Atrac.
    Atrac isn't much use to me since I'm a Mac user, although I could take my software and cd's to a friendly PC user. I understand that mp3 at 192 is about right, any idea how many albums I'd get onto one cd? The Sony looks better than the Philips, or at least it's more to my taste. Would I be better off though with the Philips and it's wma capability? I don't even know if wma is compatible with Macs!

2. Caveman643

Caveman643

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    I have a Sony CD/MP3 player. Not sure which model though. It works fine, never used ATRAC though just good old MP3. Compressing to 192kbits will get you about 7 albums on 1 CD. Batteries last a good while. I don't use it now as I have an iRiver MP3 player. The smaller size and the ability to have a lot more albums on the iRiver makes it a lot more convenient to use than a CD player.