CD & DVD player or just DVD?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by sponnie, Jul 3, 2005.

1. sponnie

sponnie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi there. I have already got a Pioneer Precision amp and I was wondering if I should get a good CD Player and a cheapo DVD player. I mostly will listen to CDs but I will also watch the odd DVD. The thing is I'm also wondering about recording tv and whether any of the new DVD recorders are capable getting a good sound out of a CD as well?
    Thanks for any advice

2. ad47uk

ad47uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I doubt my little Hi-fi is as good as your Amp, as I only got a Panasonic midi system, but I have got my Pioneer 530-h connected to the Aux in and if I use it to paly a Cd it sounds great, just as good as when I use the internal CD player to the Hi-fi.

I thihnk you will find that the quality of DVd players and recorders in sound have improved over the last couple of years. If your amp got optical in or digital in, then you are in luck, a lot of the DVd recorders and dvd players have optical/digital out.

The only real problem is if you want to listen to music on a Cd at the same time you are recording something on the DVD recorder.

3. trainspotter

trainspotter
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I was thinking about ditching my CD player when I got by Toshiba RXS32 DVD recorder, but kept the CD player in the end, as it seemed to take ages for the DVD recorder to read the disc, as compared to putting it into the CD player, and it playing virtually straight away.