1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD/DVD labelling products - do they work?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by dr_mabuse, Jan 26, 2004.

1. dr_mabuse

dr_mabuse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Hi all
    I want to store all my DVD-R compilations in a sleeveless format in wallet style case, and was wondering if any of the commercially available CD/DVD labelling products, such as the Fellowes one or the Neato one, actually produce decent quality labels that will safely and securely stay in place on DVD's?

I know that if they are positioned off centre slightly it can damage the drive in your player, and the older ones peeled off after a while, but are they any good now?

All help appreciated.

dr_m

2. gab2001uk

gab2001uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I gave up on CD/DVD labels, and now use printable discs, which cost about 25% more than non-printable, with a Epson 950 printer. Spray the printed disc withGhiant Fixative gloss/satin and the finished product looks very professional and can even be washed to remove finger marks etc with no problem.
    You can get CD-R, DVD+R and DVD-R in printable form, but not as yet any RW forms of CD/DVD

3. pringtef

pringtef

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    I tried a demo of Sure Thing, and have been very impressed with it. I purchased the full product, and use it all the time now, both for CD/DVD labels and the inside cover for the DVD box.

It's worthwhile spending a bit more on the DVD labels which tend to stick better and smudge less.

4. dr_mabuse

dr_mabuse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Cheers - thanks for the info guys.

dr_m

5. Galaxy

Galaxy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    We use printable disks now, but up until a few months ago and occasionally now we use the Avery label Pro system, the Disk adhesive stickers come in Photo quality gloss, and printed through the HP970 look excellent. We also have two Epson 2100/2200 printers which will print directly onto our printable disks nowm but we can't get a decent black from them at all! Not a big worry as our main requirement is text labelling.
    Try the Avery Photo gloss labels........

Best regards David