1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD cllection to MP3 source ideas.

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by alistair, Jul 5, 2004.

1. alistair

alistair

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently purchased an external device for storing music and files. I have successfully created a few CDs in MP3 format and all works fine. However the thought of doing it for the other 200 in the collection is not good. I have them in a CD juke box thing and wondered if there was a way to just press play-all and let it do it automatically. Any ideas would be grateful.

2. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    there are ads in the back of T3 I have seen for a firm which will encode your whole cd collection for you.. not sure how much they cost... or you could re-buy them from allofmp3.com at whatever quality you like for about 60p a album...

Cheers

Matt

3. alistair

alistair

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks, I've just been out and put the latest T3 mag back on the shelf. I'll have to go back and buy it now :)
    Link sounds good but my firm blocks it, will look at home later, thanks again.

4. jeff-o

jeff-o

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok... wait a sec here. How are the files transferred to this "external device?" By computer? By reading a CD burned with the files? By encoding the MP3s itself? Please explain.

5. alistair

alistair

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    device is an archos and can convert automatically to mp3 when you press play on the cd player. don't need pc. I phoned Archos tech support but they didn't understand my question.