CD 20R and CDT 20R what the difference

iwf

Standard Member
While I realise one's a transport and the other has a DAC if you were playing it through a AV32R would it make any difference to the sound quality?

Seems to me that the only real way of getting a really good digital signal into the AV32 is to use a Tag source, with the Tagtronic link. Even a Lynx 2 would'nt have the purest clock sync that a Tag source would have.

In which case given the CD can be picked up for less £££ than the CDT is there any point in paying more?

alexs2

Sync links can make an audible difference,but my own experiences with an AV32R have been that the difference between an AV32R and a DP is much bigger than any differences with a sync link,and also that if it's given a good enough transport(i.e.one that isnt prone to large amounts of jitter etc) it gives a very good account of itself.

singletrailer

In addition to the sync link the transport CDT20R-T2 is supposed to have better components on the inside - at least that's what my retailer told me :)
He named exactly all the differences but I cannot remember them anymore. At least it made me purchase the CDT :clap:

Top Bottom