• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

CCTV without DVR

jt2k6

Established Member
I am installing a small system (4 cameras) at work to enable operators to monitor a peiece of equipment remotely, the images do not need to be captured just want to monitor the live output of each camera on a singlr screen.

Is there any kit out there that can do this?

Thanks
Matt

neilball

Prominent Member
Any composite video output camera and a multi-input CCTV monitor will do that providing you only need to monitor at one location.

If you want to monitor over the network then why not use a DVR to capture the camas and digitise the signals for viewing over the network but without switching on any recording?

r1sh12

Standard Member
Hi,

I work in CCTV for corporate environments.
If you tell me what sort of cameras you are installing I can recommend certain software, and set ups.

daftpunk1

Established Member
I am interested in installing a few cameras about the house aswell. I know nothing about cctv but my idea would be to have 2 or 3 cameras about my property connected over the network to my hp n40l micro server, recording..I would also like to be able to capture the data from my iphone...

Just have no idea on what to get, is this just as good as using the dvr box, what software is recommended for my hp microserver and best cctv app for iphone...

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom