Question CCTV on Apple TV

Discussion in 'Smart Home, Climate Control & Security Forum' started by Borospark, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Borospark

Borospark
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi, Im trying to view my Hikvision NVR on my apple TV using the apps from the app store but I cant seem to get it to work.
    Ive tried inputting the IP address of the NVR but I just get a blank screen. I did think that it was maybe the individual IP addresses of the cameras that I needed but I would prefer the NVR to be able to view recorded playback.
    One of the apps claimed to find PnP equipment but nothing came up in the search
    Ive tried a couple of different apps but if anyone who already has one working could offer some advice or maybe the settings they are using I would be extremely grateful.

Equipment is DS-2CD2142FWD-IS cameras and DS-7604NI-K1/4P NVR, Apple TV 4K

2. Puntoboy

Puntoboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    I’m using an app called Easy CCTV I think. Works with my cameras. Haven’t tried the NVR.

3. Borospark

Borospark
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for replying
    So do just view the live feeds from the cameras then?
    Did you set them up as plug n play or assign IPs within your network ie 192.168 etc, I used pnp so I'm assuming they have been assigned IPs by the NVR and will be in IP 10 range

4. Puntoboy

Puntoboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    Ah, in your case you might struggle. My cameras aren’t connected directly to the NVR. You can connect to them directly on the network from my phone for example.

You may want to look into enabling the virtual host option. I couldn’t get this to work on mine but there are lots of people that could. This enables the cameras to be directly connected but also allows each camera to access the internet through the NVR.

One you do that, you should be able to add them to the app.

5. Puntoboy

Puntoboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    This is the app I use. They offer iPad and iPhone apps as well.

Easy CCTV by Locometrichttps://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/easy-cctv/id1053287271?mt=8

The only setting I needed to adjust was the path. This app connects directly to the RTSP feed from the camera so I added /video.h264 in the path field and then the IP address and login details.

6. Borospark

Borospark
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks I'll look int that, I have been looking into whether I could use the RTSP feed on another forum