cctv , IP CCTV KIT BUILDER

rockdweller

Established Member
Reaction score
All new to cctv so asking for advice, i was looking on the cctvtec site, and i dont really want a kit as i am only looking for one camera ATM, and maybe another one later on for the back of the house.
So after reading on here and the web i looked into the kit builder on the cctvtec site, and decided to go for a HIKVISION 4 CHANNEL 8MP (4K) NVR H.265+ WITH 4 POE PORTS DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B) along with HIKVISION 4MP COLORVU 2.8MM FIXED LENS COLOUR TURRET CAMERA WITH BUILT IN MIC IP POE DS-2CD2347G1-LU and a SEAGATE SURVEILLANCE 3.5" SATA 2TB HARD DRIVE .
Question is what else would i need ie cable brackets crimp ends etc .
And does the above look ok and future proof to add to at a later date

A 2.8mm camera is only going to give you 3 - 5m distance coverage max. And a 90 degree FOV, does that fit your needs?

Thanks for the info mushii ,that's interesting I didn't realize that. I wanted it to cover two sheds that are probably about 25 feet away from the camera so it might be pushing it ,what camera would be a good fit for that distance at night with a slightly better fov mushii

At that distance I would be looking at a 4mm, but be aware that your FOV reduces down to about 70 degrees. How much ambient lighting is there? As Colourvu cameras will need some ambient light to work properly (it doesn’t have to be a lot, but it can’t be pitch black).

It's not to bad as there is a street light behind the sheds I would say probably about 6 to 8 feet from the sheds

Then you need an F4 colourvu or darkfighter. Personally I prefer darkfighters.

Thanks mushii could you recommend a model regarding the darkfighter range

That's interesting that you prefer DarkFighter over ColourVu, can I ask why?

I've got 6 Darkfighter cameras (Turrets and Domes 2.8mm and 4mm) and was planning on changing two of the turrets to ColourVu. A friend of mine has just done the same and the difference in nightime picture quality was quite astounding.

What do I put in file save path ?

Attachments

• F58002BD-51D3-4957-889D-7BAEDC437585.jpeg
    F58002BD-51D3-4957-889D-7BAEDC437585.jpeg
    464.2 KB · Views: 53
I have recently bought and installed the same kit other than i have the DS-7608NI-K2-8P and i have the same ColorVu cameras with the 2.8 lens and find them just right if you want a decent wide field of vision at a distance.
You will basically just need some suitable ethernet cables to install...oh and depending on where you plan to install the NVR you may need to think about changing the fans as they are noisy.
Also ipcctv had no stock of ColorVu cameras when i wanted to order so i went elsewhere.

Last edited:
Why do i prefer DarkFighter over ColorVu? Well when a Darkfighter Camera drops below its threshold for Low light colour - its IR kick in. When a ColorVu camera gets below its threshold it illuminates with visible LEDs. I really dont want my CCTV cameras lighting up like beacons. Yes the ColorVu give you an extra stop on their aperture and have a slightly larger sensor, but visible LEDs is too much of a trade-off for me. My DarkFighters have performed brilliantly and I am looking to add some more.

I was also in two minds about ColorVu or Darkfighter but after seeing the difference i also went for ColorVu but then the lighting is not a big deal for me and it also acts as security lighting which to me is also a deterrent i also found that because of the aperture the light dose not need to be very bright to achieve a good detailed colour picture and that also adds to potential identification.

I guess it depends on location then. I agree I guess. The ones on the front of my house are really quite obvious, deliberately so, to act as a detterant. But the one down the passage at the side of the house is tucked away, hoping to catch an image before it’s spotted. I figure the high up turret would be better as colourvu to give me some chance of getting reg plates - impossible once ir kicks in.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom