cctv Hikvision Ds-7608NI-I2/8p NVR with DS-2CD2347G1-L(U) and DS-2DE2A404IW-DE3 camera's

bungieben

Established Member
Reaction score
cctv Hikvision Ds-7608NI-I2/8p NVR with DS-2CD2347G1-L(U) and DS-2DE2A404IW-DE3 cameras.

Any reason not to purchase these (only one camera) at the moment low level for driveway. More cameras will follow just want to check quality etc before committing.

Apart from not buying from an authorized dealer because i have been searching and found you have to be in trade to get prices so off normal net with 2TB hardrive fitted

thanks

Last edited:
I have a Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2-8P I am listing for sale tomorrow. Not really used, gone Unifi route instead.

I need to upgrade my NVR to a 7616NI-I2 at some point. I'm banging up against the incoming bandwidth limit on the 8 ports.

The bandwidth restriction is a software not a hardware restriction. It wasn't a problem until that last firmware update when Hik, for some unknown reason limited each of the channels to 4Mp cameras max bandwidth, which means that if you try and run cameras over 4mp you cant run them at full bandwidth / framerate and have to knock them back. A lot of installers have been complaining about it, especially with the 71xx-NI NVRs. Its crazy as this is still their most popular Prosumer NVR range.

The bandwidth restriction is a software not a hardware restriction. It wasn't a problem until that last firmware update when Hik, for some unknown reason limited each of the channels to 4Mp cameras max bandwidth, which means that if you try and run cameras over 4mp you cant run them at full bandwidth / framerate and have to knock them back. A lot of installers have been complaining about it, especially with the 71xx-NI NVRs. Its crazy as this is still their most popular Prosumer NVR range.

I get that :)

But that’s not my issue. I’m currently using 79/80mbps. The 7616 has 160mbps incoming bandwidth.

Right, the NVR is mostly setup just got to go to posty to pick up the Ds-2ce72hft-f-2.8mm.

I will most likley need some Ds-2ce72hft-F as well with the 3.6mm to 6mm fixed lens. Stupind question but how do you set the focal length on them. i presume you can adjust.

thanks

I may be mistaken but are you sure you ordered the correct camera as the Ds-2ce72hft-F range according to Hikvision website is a 4 in 1 analogue camera which will not work with an NVR

Done the worst three camera cat5 cable runs and made the rj45 plugs off, also run a 15 meter hdmi cable to the Tv's Av reciever and another cat5 cable to the router from the garage.
Two more easy runs to do and after my earlier mistake i'm waiting on posty again for some cameras.
pic.jpg

Last edited:
Impressed with this setup for my first venture into cctv, Picture quality day and night are great.
self learning off the net was a bit confusing at first then realized you need to setup using the nvr's menu and the web interface for additional features including logging into each camera aswell. You could just plug the cameras into the nvr and leave it at that as it was good enough even though as i found out later the cameras are set to indoors by default !
Ended up with the,,,
DS-7608NI-I28P
1x DS-2CD2347G1-L(U) 2.8mm
2x DS-2CD2347G1-L(U) 4.0mm
1x DS-2DE2A404IW-DE3 (2.8-12mm) PTZ

All firmware updated via the web browser as usb was a bit hit and miss, Line detection mostly set up with other cameras pulling in the PTZ as well.

One more DS-2CD2347G1-L(U) camera to go i think the 6mm for a side alley but the 4.0mm will be ok set to long distance.

I have found out there is not enough time in the day to play with this LOL.

How are you finding the DS-2DE2A404IW-DE3 ?
Early days but cannot fault it at the moment. Picture quality same as the others except black,white at night but still very clear. Responsive smooth and focus very good you can also set four line detection, motion etc unlike the others where you are only allowed one per camera. Additional power not req'd although does come with a plug if needed but you won't. It's cat5e cable run is approx 40m and before i fitted it i tested it on a 100m cable run and there were no problems.

Just found out there are more options on this camera so i have setup region entrance and region exit instead of the line crossing. basically draw a box upto four of them and anything enters that or leaves that box the cam will act the same as line crossing but with zero sensitivity so i guess no false alarms from moving trees etc.
I will update tomorrow.

Last edited:
Hi, looking to purchase some DS-2CD2347G1 too. How are you getting on with them after a month or so? Where did you buy them in the end? Much like you, I'm struggling to find anywhere that will sell to non-trade. Cheers, Joe.

Hi, looking to purchase some DS-2CD2347G1 too. How are you getting on with them after a month or so? Where did you buy them in the end? Much like you, I'm struggling to find anywhere that will sell to non-trade. Cheers, Joe.

Very impressed with them I ended up with 2x 2.8mm and 2x 4.0mm as well as the ptz. i got them from a combination of ebay and amazon and i have updated the firmware from the eu portal no problems.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom