CCTV advice for HIKVision DS7204HUHI-F1/S

richardc1983

Established Member
Reaction score
Good evening, I've read a lot of posts and topics on this really informative website and cannot ever seem to improve my own camera settings, and ended up giving up on it. However...

We've had an increase in break ins (4 the other night) and upon viewing camera footage especially at night the images are poor. I really need to try get this at optimum settings if you could kindly help. I have 4 HIK vision turet cameras (1080p but not sure of MP, system was only fitted last year) wired up to the dvr with the separate night vision light (not controllable in settings and only automatic if it's on or not).

I've tried all-sorts of bit rate settings, frame rate etc and still the image is either grainy or I get ghosting. Even tried on full frame rate, H264+ recording (which seemed to cause stuttering and missed portions of the recording) During the day the image is quite good but on a night sometimes it looks out of focus. So much information on here, some suggesting turning off Digital Noise Reduction but my system doesn't have that, just "denoising".

Any help great fully received to what appears to be a vast expanse subject. Here's some screenshots attached of my settings and it's same for all cameras.

Thank you

Attachments

• 20190309_210034.jpg
    20190309_210034.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 50
  • 20190309_210029.jpg
    20190309_210029.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 46
  • 20190309_205917.jpg
    20190309_205917.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 63
If you can get to the web interface of the individual camera you’ll find more settings and have access to the model of camera.

If you can get to the web interface of the individual camera you’ll find more settings and have access to the model of camera.

Unfortunately my cameras are all wired and therefore the model numbers do not show.

I presume you mean not IP. Sorry, I didn’t expect that.

Can you physically access the cameras ?
The model number should be on it.
Failing that , in the NVR options/settings , there should be a camera tab that tells you camera model/serial number/firmware

Nope they are too high up, nothing there as they are wired cameras.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom