1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CBM to launch on Freeview this July

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by PhilipVass, Jun 29, 2003.

1. PhilipVass

PhilipVass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, CBM Media Ltd has confirmed it is to broadcast on channel 22 from the summer of 2003. The deal was signed between the operator of the multiplex the channel resides on, Crown Castle International, and CBM Media Ltd earlyier this year. Financial news chanel, Bloomberg is to simulcast on the channel between 5am and 9am, competing directly with the BBCs breakfast show. It is also understood that CBM will show movies, and minority British sport content. I think this is great news :D

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Yes it is:)
    The platfrom needs a decent source of sports and this along with the Setanta channel should give DTT/Freeview a good boost.
    A strong and growing Freeview is good for everyone especially SKY and Cable subscribers who will benefit long term as competition and choice increases.

3. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    <groan> I got Freeview to get away from Sport.

Why can't they stick to interesting stuff like "I love Lucy", "The Golden Shot" and good films like "The Poseidon Adventure"?

GDAR ;)

4. SOUNDSTYLE

SOUNDSTYLE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Why can't we get 'British Eurosport'?
    They make their money from advertising, so why not show it on Freeview where they will get more viewers and keep the advertisers happy aswell.

5. PhilipVass

PhilipVass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I dont think they can afford the carriage fees. Same with Extreme Sports.

6. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    British Eurosport gets the bulk of it's revenue from being within cable and satellite subscription packages, as with all pay channels the advertising revenues are a small bonus.
    Carriage on DTT is quite expensive and as yet there isn't a high enough number of viewers to make a channel launch viable since they would have to pay quite a bit of money to secure FTA rights for the events they show and no doubt some of those events are already owned by terrestrial channels.

7. dude1971

dude1971

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As someone that had an ITV Digital box from the beginning, and has kept my box to receive Freeview, I would just like to say that I have reluctantly decided to get Telewest (Didn't want a dish). I've been a big cheerleader for Freeview, and have encouraged several people to get it, but there is simply nothing on that interests me at the moment. It's not always a bad thing, as it's the summer and I've been sitting outside in the evenings, but when it rains I need something other than Bid-Up.tv to keep the kids amused :-(

I feel bad that I've succumbed and gone back to Telewest, as I've removed their services from my previous 2 addresses due to poor service so let's hope that it's 3rd time lucky!

Thanks for listening ;-)