1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CAV Bristol new cable shop?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by benji243178, Jun 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benji243178

benji243178

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone been into CAV on gloucester road in Bristol?

It seems really well presented and the guys there were really helpful. I was on my way to one of the 'big' shops and noticed them on the way past.

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I went in there last week and thought the place was dreadful. The staff didn't seem to be that interested and the prices weren't as good as those obtainable from forum sponsors like TV Cables who's website is at http://www.tvcables.co.uk/ so I would recommend that all forum members give these people a very wide berth.

3. benji243178

benji243178

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I completely disagree!
    The service I recieved was fantastic, and just to look at the prices on the website you quoted, the comparison is clear:

5M DVI D Cable- £21.49.... CAV £20.69
    1M Firewire 6-6 Cable - £5.99.... CAV £3.29
    1.2M Pro 3.5-2 Phono Cable- £8.49... CAV £2.50

The list goes on

4. benji243178

benji243178

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    P.S Why was my post edited? One could be forgiven for thinking that AV forums are biased toward their sponsors

5. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I edited your post by removing all of the superlatives and glowing reviews that were posted in the style of a satisfied customer after I noticed the quite remarkable similarity between Ben Baber's name, who is the IT and Logistics Director of the shop that you were recommending so highly and your own name according to your email address.

The AV Forums are not biased towards any company whether sponsors or not (as many of my own posts will show) but I am personally very biased against deceiptful retailers who try and pretend that they are something they are not. In my book it is called dishonesty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.