Caught speeding six times in a month . . .

breakersrevenge

Prominent Member
Reaction score
can-of-worms.jpg

on the rights and wrongs of static speed cameras

he was wrong and you were unlucky :)

What annoys me more than anything is the way they report these issues:

Lets find some people who have suffered tragedy and get them to offer an emotional opinion.
I do wish the media would stick to reporting the news instead of this rubbish :(

The court system is crap....

The one that gets on my nerves is, 17 year old lad no DL, no insurance and no MOT caught speeding. Court sentence 8 points for insurance, 3 for mot, 3 for DL and 3 for speeding fine £120.

So he is banned for 6 months but he does not have a DL anyway, so he laughs all the way out of court and probably back into another car.

The laws an ass :mad:

I don't understand how he got away without a ban either:mad: I agree the court system is crap and ineffective on the whole

Absolutely beggars belief! Plus you know that the little **** isn't going to be able to afford insurance again so he'll carry on driving and won't bother with insurance... The magistrate is a complete idiot too and needs a sharp lesson in life.

I can never understand how the court think that the appropriate sentance for someone caught driving while banned is.........another ban :confused:

He has already taken the p**s once and shown he has no respect for the law:confused::confused:

I'd chop their hands off so they couldn't drive again.

This country would be a much nicer place with much more appropriate sentences, and far less af this nanby pamby hoity toity crap this government likes to dish out.

Magistrate Mary Thompson said the bench decided not to ban him because it would cause hardship to fellow workers and his parents in Poland - because he posts them some of his wages.

Well boo de hoo hoo.

Speaking through an interpreter, Piwowar said it would be very difficult to get to work without a car because he and colleagues had to start at 6am daily and he picked up colleagues on the way.

He arrived in Britain in July and had no British driving licence. His Polish licence has no offences marked on it, the court heard.

:rolleyes:

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/d...me=yes&more_nodeId1=124522&contentPK=19590982

i liked the bit that said "he could be banned" if caught again.

Surely she should have said at the very least, next time you will be banned!

Devils advocate...

If you're driving the same stretch of road every day then it could be quite easy to notch up multiple offences in a short period of time before the first fine/summons arrives.

I think that the situation he was in was a lot different to someone who had been caught and prosecuted repeatedly.

The court system is crap....

The one that gets on my nerves is, 17 year old lad no DL, no insurance and no MOT caught speeding. Court sentence 8 points for insurance, 3 for mot, 3 for DL and 3 for speeding fine £120.

So he is banned for 6 months but he does not have a DL anyway, so he laughs all the way out of court and probably back into another car.

The laws an ass :mad:
That happened to me (no not the driver without DL etc)

I was driving along when a complete utter prick was racing his mate, he lost control of his car, came onto my side of the road and hit me head on at over 80mph (police could not tell the exact speed but the tyre marks said 80+), my car was a complete and utter total mess.

He had no Licence, no tax, and no mot hell the car wasn't even in his name (yet)! he got a 6 month ban, from what ? he didn't have a licence, was told to pay £300 in damages to the road and a bus shelter and me... he ended up paying around £2 per week because he didn't have a job, I then had to wait almost a year for the MIB to help me with my claim because I only had 3rd party insurance.

It made me think why in the hell did I even do my test, pay my insurance, get and mot etc when this guy gets a 6 month ban for something he does not even have and should never be allowed to have.

I was off work for 4 weeks and only got normal Sick Pay, so that was a loss of income, no car for a few months until I could afford another.

All in all the guy ruined 6 months of my life and gets nothing?

Well let's just say he did get something...:)

My wife was caught speeding last month. We managed to get help from Cunninghams and so no further prosecution was made. Darn lucky as she is a driving instructor. Practice what you preach and all that!!

My wife was caught speeding last month. We managed to get help from Cunninghams and so no further prosecution was made. Darn lucky as she is a driving instructor. Practice what you preach and all that!!

yeah yeah:spam:

quite possibly, but it could be genuine too...
Thanks for the heads up Robin5on :)
Dave

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom