Cats are a problem in MY garden. Owners are inconsiderate?

'There is nothing much I can do and you have to clean up my mess' would fall into the catergory of 'inconsiderate' for most people.

obviously we have someone here who hasn't read the thread :nono:. It's cats you see, therefore it's not inconsiderate... Them's the rules. If you don't understand the rules, you're unreasonable.

I can start talking about cars and terrorists to make it even clearer why it's not inconsiderate, if you'd like me to?

No didn't read the post, thought title was self explaining.

Got carried away with cats' poo problem in my garden.

Just one more for search engines, cats antifreeze.:devil:

Am I right:
If your cat take a dump in other people's garden, it is your 'civil' responsibility to clean.

If my neighbour keep bees and if they are aggressive to my kids...........:thumbsdow

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
For the record my cats are indoor cats...
MEEEOWWW..

Hmm

1 Cat owners are aware that their cats can cause problems for the neighbours.

I think that a more considered statement would be "Cat owners are aware that their cats can potentially cause problems for some neighbours." For example, the vast majority of my neighbours have cats or dogs of their own. I imagine my own cat has zero impact on them for starters.

2 Some cat owners do care about the problems but choose not to do anything about them.

In my case, I have taken some realistic measures. Cats use litter trays inside a house because it represents the most suitable place for them to defacate. It isn't the same as training a dog- its simply the most appealing place. If you had a house with gravel in it, 99% of cats wouldn't use a litter tray (although that would be the least of your worries). I've created a place at the end of my garden that essentially mimics a litter tray- loose gravel that is easily turned. My cat uses it day in, day out (and because she does, others don't). I'd be enormously suprised if she was defacating anywhere else although I know she wanders into next door's garden and into the concrete area at the back. I've long maintained that cat owners ought to give a gravel trap a whirl. I reduce my cat's impact and in return, if someone were to harm my cat, I'll kill them.

Some do keep their cat indoors and use litter trays. Are cats healthy and happy with this or not?

Cats can suffer from agorophobia-often after incidents with dogs or cars. These can live happily entirely indoors. A great many can't though.

Some cats wear bells on their collars, most do not. Why not?

Principally in my case because mine has never caught anything. The bell is an annoyance in the middle of the night- and if you sleep with a window open, you'll likely hear it as well. I'm wary of collars as well- a cat belonging to my parents was killed by a lurcher which grabbed the collar first.

Not all cats will allow owners to place a collar round there necks ,mine just ripped them off.
Some people really ,really hate cats ,both my neighbours hated cats and this caused much aggro all the time i was there..

Threads like this are why i don`t visit av forums half as much as i used to .
:rolleyes:

Another search engines possible result for you too, cats poo dump garden anti-freeze antifreeze coolant illegal exterminate dangerous kids pregnant parasites blindness.

Is this to your taste?

no need to thanks:):):):):) :devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:. welcome back anytime.

Have to act like a lot of cats owners, like I give a **** about your cats.

add:
any responsible cats keepers do have my respect, otherwise fair game as long as it is legal.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my case, I have taken some realistic measures. Cats use litter trays inside a house because it represents the most suitable place for them to defacate. It isn't the same as training a dog- its simply the most appealing place. If you had a house with gravel in it, 99% of cats wouldn't use a litter tray (although that would be the least of your worries). I've created a place at the end of my garden that essentially mimics a litter tray- loose gravel that is easily turned. My cat uses it day in, day out (and because she does, others don't).

Sounds like a good cheap idea, did your cat use it straight away or did it take some time?

Last edited:
Sounds like a good cheap idea, did you're cat use it straight away or did it take some time?

I knocked it up when my last cat selected the rose bed (in our garden not somebody elses) as her bog of choice. Cats are inherrently idle so the moment I created an area where it was easier to bury a turd than the rose bed, she switched to it. The latest cat went straight there as well. Its an area about 1.5 by 1 metres and underneath a bush so it doesn't look like I've deliberately set aside an area. When I sell the house, I imagine few would think it was anything other than a decorative area.

I knocked it up when my last cat selected the rose bed (in our garden not somebody elses) as her bog of choice. Cats are inherrently idle so the moment I created an area where it was easier to bury a turd than the rose bed, she switched to it. The latest cat went straight there as well. Its an area about 1.5 by 1 metres and underneath a bush so it doesn't look like I've deliberately set aside an area. When I sell the house, I imagine few would think it was anything other than a decorative area.

Great,

At last a cat lover who actual does try to alleviate the problems instead of just saying "tough, live with it" etc. We need more constructive thinking like this. Welcome to the discussion :smashin:

Not all cats will allow owners to place a collar round there necks ,mine just ripped them off.
Some people really ,really hate cats ,both my neighbours hated cats and this caused much aggro all the time i was there..

How many cats do you have?

Great,

At last a cat lover who actual does try to alleviate the problems instead of just saying "tough, live with it" etc. We need more constructive thinking like this. Welcome to the discussion :smashin:

Don't get too excited. This is my concession as a cat owner to reduce its effects on others. Some of the other suggestions in this thread about keeping the cat indoors all the time or turning my garden into some sort of buckinghamshire based Guantanamo Bay are frankly laughable.

How many cats do you have?

We have had 3 at one point ,1 died of a uti ,one got squished and the other is still at my old property with my x and daughter..
Futher down the road there were quite a few cat owners ,we were unlucky stuck between a nosey bastard dog owner ,and a miserable older couple,the husband threaten to drown the cats at one point.
Hence the need to keep them in,..

Best deterrent is to a keep a cat your self .They are very teritorial and would fight off any intruder.Just have to keep a litter tray for your cats crap or encourage it to use your neighbours garden:devil:

In some cultures as barbaric as it may seem some people eat cats.

I personally know someone who has done this. Apparently a cat was a significant nuisance to them, and one day they decided they had had enough. It was swiftly killed and cooked for dinner. Apparently it tasted quite nice.

You cat owners are lucky this individual isn’t your next door neighbour.

I personally know someone who has done this. Apparently a cat was a significant nuisance to them, and one day they decided they had had enough. It was swiftly killed and cooked for dinner. Apparently it tasted quite nice.

You cat owners are lucky this individual isn’t your next door neighbour.

Nah he lucky it wasn't my cat ..

You cat owners are lucky this individual isn't your next door neighbour.

I tried horse once. Now Slovenia is in the EU maybe you will see it down at your local M&S. It was one of the best steaks I ever had.

I and many others have probably unknowingly already tried cat. When I was younger a kebab was a regular treat at the weekend.

Food is food. Should any animal have a special status just because its cute and furry?

Last edited:
Don't get too excited. This is my concession as a cat owner to reduce its effects on others. Some of the other suggestions in this thread about keeping the cat indoors all the time or turning my garden into some sort of buckinghamshire based Guantanamo Bay are frankly laughable.

I'd hardly call an invisible barrier and a static cat collar turning your garden into Guantanamo Bay. One thing that did surprise me though was that when I posted the link nobody said that they wouldn't be willing to use the system because it would shock their cat which I was expecting to be honest.

When people are passionate about something they will not change their minds and will defend their opinions to the death.

Cat owners, parents (I found this out), dog owners, whatever.

I own 2 Rottweilers and will argue til blue in the face with any numpty who tries to tell me they're savage. Same goes for cat owners being told their precious pets are dirty buggers or parents being told that there can be life without children.

However it does seem clear that the answer to the question is undoubtably YES. I have no issue with a cat owner defending the rights of their cat. But if my cat was crapping in someone else's garden and couldn't be stopped, then I'd go over every week with a poop scoop and offer to clean it. Is that so hard? I agree that cats can't be trained as well as dogs etc but if my dog craps in the street I lift it!

This attitude of "my cat can dump where he/she likes and it's not my responsibility" is the same as some parents who let their children run riot and defend them when they do wrong, the "my wee jonney wouldn't do that" syndrome.

Like I said, I fit into the category of those who will defend my dogs, but if the dogs showed agression to anyone, I'd deal with it. Not just sit back and say "oh my dogs are fine, it's not my responsibility".

When people are passionate about something they will not change their minds and will defend their opinions to the death.

Cat owners, parents (I found this out), dog owners, whatever.

I own 2 Rottweilers and will argue til blue in the face with any numpty who tries to tell me they're savage. Same goes for cat owners being told their precious pets are dirty buggers or parents being told that there can be life without children.

However it does seem clear that the answer to the question is undoubtably YES. I have no issue with a cat owner defending the rights of their cat. But if my cat was crapping in someone else's garden and couldn't be stopped, then I'd go over every week with a poop scoop and offer to clean it. Is that so hard? I agree that cats can't be trained as well as dogs etc but if my dog craps in the street I lift it!

This attitude of "my cat can dump where he/she likes and it's not my responsibility" is the same as some parents who let their children run riot and defend them when they do wrong, the "my wee jonney wouldn't do that" syndrome.

Like I said, I fit into the category of those who will defend my dogs, but if the dogs showed agression to anyone, I'd deal with it. Not just sit back and say "oh my dogs are fine, it's not my responsibility".

Had both cats and dogs ,cats invariably bury there faeces ,what do you want people to do dig up peoples gardens.
My view is people are very easy to get upset over everything,you see it everywhere, criticism, a bit of live and let live would go along way..

Had both cats and dogs ,cats invariably bury there faeces ,what do you want people to do dig up peoples gardens.
My view is people are very easy to get upset over everything,you see it everywhere, criticism, a bit of live and let live would go along way..

Not always though. The cats that used to visit my garden never did, just dump in the middle of the grass and sod off. Maybe they're just lazy. The people involved in this thread have said the same, they've had parcels of poo left on doorsteps etc.

I wouldn't particularly care if they were burying it because I'd rarely notice it. And I certainly wouldn't pick a fight with neighbours over it. But clearly some cats do cause a real nuisance, don't bury their dung and cause problems. As much as I agree that the owner of the garden should chill a bit and not get over excited, the cat owner should have some leeway too and not be so laid back.

Last edited:
I have 2 cats,a moggie and a Maine Coon.I also have 2 Staffordshire Bull Terriers,which never stopped other cats coming into my garden.

I put Chicken Wire on the top of my fence at a 45 degree angle (inwards) to keep my cats in and it works a treat,I haven't seen any other cats getting in either.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom