Catastrophe with Mordaunt Short 25i's and 20i's.

beearghpea

Novice Member
Reaction score
So I'm not really sure what happened exactly. I was highly intoxicated at the time...

I was throwing a party and we had a power outage and when the power came back on 2 out of 4 tweeters were blown in my speakers. One of the woofers in the 25i's appeared not to be working as well.

Playing music for 6 hours straight previous to this definitely will not have helped the situation.

So I switched the 2 tweeters from the 20i's to the 25i's (luckily they're identical) so at least I had my 2 floorstanders back in action. I also discovered that the woofer wasn't working simply due to a wire coming loose on the crossover (quick solder, no problem). Real happy two working speakers.

I later realised that I'd left a small bit out that surrounded where the tweeter screwed into, took it back out to replace it. DROPPED it and completely ruined it, snapping the thin anodised wire. The air was blue.

So now I'm left with 3 out of 4 speakers with no tweeters. :(

Does anyone no where I could get hold of some, that won't break the bank. Obviously the cost has got to out way the cost of replacing the speakers completely. Perhaps you have some laying about in the loft with busted woofers or crossovers (I know slim chance).

Thanks, Tim

Do you have children and/or pets?

Do you have all-risks household contents insurance?

;)

Do you have children and/or pets?

Do you have all-risks household contents insurance?

;)

I like the way you think.

Unfortunately I don't, just moved into a new place. I had contemplated getting it and waiting a few months...

House insurance is always a good idea IMO. After all, accidents happen all the time...

Just have to make sure it covers you adequately - you need to check the small print!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom