Cataloging compilation cd's on HD3

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Dr Phibes, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Dr Phibes

Dr Phibes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anybody know of a way to avoid having every artist on a compilation album show on the artist menu. I realised how many compilation CD's I have and if every artist shows up on the menu it will probably run into thousands of entrys which will make naviagting through it a nightmare.

I know I could name every artist on a compilation cd as "various artists" but that defeats the object of having track info on the unit.

I realise I might be trying to have my cake and eat it but it's worth asking.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Dr Phibes

Dr Phibes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmm., I think I can assume that nobody does then :(

3. combustion

combustion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    when I make compilation playlists (usually mp3s I rip from internet radio with streamripper) I make a new playlist with that days date and for artist I just type Various Artists.

4. malheuresement

malheuresement

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can always try changing the artist name to Various and manually edit the track name to include the artist.

This is the only way that I have found to do this, and frankly its not worth it! Various is good enough for me - I'll pull out the cd case if I want to know the artist. Having compilations as various does tidy up your artist list some.

5. nasanu

nasanu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just select all teh tracks in teh album, right click and change the artist to whatever you want.

6. Dr Phibes

Dr Phibes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I tried this and soon got fed up of retyping every track info. It'll have to be various artists by the look of it.