Cat5e to HDMI extender supporting 4K and Sky Q

DUTH

Novice Member
Apologies if this has already been posted before, I’m a newbie to forums ! I have a new build house with fibre to premises. I want to have SKY Q Box installed in cupboard at door which houses electrics etc. There is 1 x rj45 socket in the cupboard and 1 x rj45 socket behind the tv with a cat5e cable between them. The TV spec is HDR 4k ultra HD. The cupboard is on other side of wall to room with TV with approx 10m distance. Can anyone advise what type of extender is required to support this set up?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Keep in mind the majority of Extenders have to utilise some form of image compression for the higher bandwidth signal formats and often lack support for some key video and audio formats.

If you plan to use the SKY Q Touch remote it is Bluetooth rather than IR so sticking your box 10m away in a cupboard may or may not work.

4K UHD, HDR, VRR etc is causing a lot of folk to rethink connectivity plans with Sources connected to the TV on short HDMI cables and the use eARC from the TV to a compatible AVR - which you can run over CAT with an Extender which supports eARC.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom