Cat5e Cable - Black

SteveO

Novice Member
Hi guys, looking for some advice here. I'm looking to run some Cat5e cabling but it will be going externally in the house (in place of the sat/coaxial cable going from my SKy HD box to the main bedroom). what I'd like to run is some black Cat5e cabling but I can only find other colours on a spool (50 -305m lengths).

Can anyone advice on where I can lay my hands on some black Cat5e cabling? I've checked the usual suspects - Blackbox, RS, etc but they only appear to do grey, red, blue, etc and I don't want this runnig up the outside walls...and that brings up another question - can you run Cat5e cables externally like standard coaxial/sat cabling?

C

christalmighty

not that this helps you that much but maplin sells 10m's worth of black cat6 cable for around 14.99 (terminated), i think they do longer lengths, order code for what i'm holding in my hand right now is A84CF

Ben

Here also. They do it by the metre too (if you don't want a whole reel) :)

SteveO

Novice Member
Here also. They do it by the metre too (if you don't want a whole reel) :)
Thanx for this. Ordered a reel of this on Monday and expecting delivery Tuesday...excellent :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom