• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

cat proof

flash67

Standard Member
does anyone know what are the risks of a 32" lcd falling over if an average sized cat jumps onto it? i could wall mount it but i thought it would be easier to change cables with the tv on the stand. has anyone else had this problem? :rolleyes:

Rip

Established Member
That does really depend on the cat in question, i mean what is the weight age & size of the cat, & also the size of its feet. Once all these dimensins are known, a more realistice answer can be attained, but without these, its really just guesswork im afraid.

flash67

Standard Member
they are about seven years old

Attachments

• sooty.jpg
    sooty.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 65
  • tyson.JPG
    tyson.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 60

marty2005

Prominent Member
You need some sort of table top mount.

I've seen stands that are screwed into the table.

Raze

Established Member
I was worried about that happening too! But so far my cat hasn't touched it... fingers crossed she doesn either!

andrewfee

Prominent Member
You'll probably find that the cat won't try to jump on it, as they're so thin, but Sony models have a hole in their base so they can be attached to the unit itself to stop them getting knocked over.

I don't know what model you're considering, but if the Philips 32PF9830 is anything like the 37" the thing is so heavy there's no way a cat could knock it over. (metal casing and a glass and metal stand with a big motor in it)

Smiffy 2

Prominent Member
We've got three cats and six months after getting an LCD I can safely say that not one of them has even attempted to jump up at it.
As somebody else has said, these TV's are so thin I think even our stoopid cats have worked out they couldn't fit on one.
And believe me they are stoopid
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

F

felixthecat99

Tyson looks like he's mostly hair so i wouldn't worry there, unless he decides to sharpen his claws. Sooty on the other hand looks like he's had an extra helping of felix so i'd watch it with this one. us black cats gota stick together

flash67

Standard Member
tyson is actually the heavy one :) and sooty is quite light, the photos are quite deceptive because they are both very furry. may they wont jump on it after all. the base is actually quite sturdy but the tv seems to rock back and forward a bit. it's an le32r41.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom