Cat poo

I find most dogs annoying when out and about or barking at home, but then I'm a cat person. At least they are quiet and aren't in every park known to man.

Equally, I dislike other people's kids and obviously not my own so am well aware there is a pattern there!

I find most dogs annoying when out and about or barking at home, but then I'm a cat person. At least they are quiet and aren't in every park known to man.

Equally, I dislike other people's kids and obviously not my own so am well aware there is a pattern there!
You want to hear the ones near me that keep waking me up in the night, fighting over the territory of my garden. Especially this half siamese one which makes some of the weirdest and most bloody curdling screams and growls known to man!

You want to hear the ones near me that keep waking me up in the night, fighting over the territory of my garden. Especially this half siamese one which makes some of the weirdest and most bloody curdling screams and growls known to man!

Yeah cats can sound weird at night fair point, better than foxes though. They sound like little girls screaming 😬

Dogs are like little children. There is no need for them to bark if their owners pay attention. Then again they can also be very protective for their owners when there are shifty characters around.

Runners in the country side wearing those bright yellow or blue colours look like big toys to them as well. They’ll come and want to have a play 🤣

I would love to get a dog but my wife is cared. That would soon put an end to them. I really hate cats with a passion, nothing friendly about them,

Dogs piss and sh*t in their own garden to mark their territory, cats should do the same.

Obviously cats and dogs to two most owned pets, they should be treated the same.
Maybe the cats you meet know you hate them , hence why they're unfriendly to you?

Dogs don't just poo in their own gardens tbf . It's on pavements , beaches ,everywhere in public spaces. Even if the owners pick it up you've still got microscopic traces of poo to sit on at your picnics. Etc .

It is mainly unneautered males that poo in others gardens . Most cats go in their own.

Cats and dogs are totally different animals. It's like saying "monkey's can shit in their hand and throw it at you, so why can't I". :D
Dogs have evolved to be domesticated, cats haven't...yet. Dogs were pets much earlier in history than cats, hence the major difference. Who knows whether a cat will shit in someone elses garden in another 8000 years...

We used to have cats shit in our garden all the time. Now we have a cat, they don't. We just get foxes who shit everywhere! We had a fox leave a wet shit on top of a football! On top!

This thread is hilarious.

I've lost count of the times this subject has come up on various forums.
Sometimes it gets heated. Obviously a very polarising issue, and the two sides never agree.
This one has been very civilised.
So far :)

I've lost count of the times this subject has come up on various forums.
Sometimes it gets heated. Obviously a very polarising issue, and the two sides never agree.
This one has been very civilised.
So far :)
Some people just have no idea that cats are essentially wild animals. There is one chap on here, possibly @Desmo (apologies if wrong person) whose cat goes walkies for sometimes weeks at a time without returning.
I do agree, cat's are mostly pointless. But my kids love our cat so much, they play with it, learn about caring for something else, learn about how animals are different from medicines they need, food they eat etc.
A dog shitting on the road and a cat shitting in your garden is not the same thing. Should all pigeons be impounded for shitting on your car? Hilarious.

A dog sh*tting on the road and a cat sh*tting in your garden is not the same thing. Should all pigeons be impounded for sh*tting on your car? Hilarious.

Well the key thing there is that animals like pigeons and foxes are completely wild, so we have no control over them. Whereas cats and dogs can be controlled, to a greater or lesser degree by their owners.
There are some places in the world where cat owners aren't allowed to let their animals roam freely in an urban environment. That is a reasonable policy, IMO.
Dogs are always accompanied when walking about, and their owners pick up the mess.

Fixed that for you.

Well that's clearly against the law and if caught not picking up, they'll be fined.
But I can guarantee that the number of cat poos lying around the place will far outnumber the dog poos.

Some people just have no idea that cats are essentially wild animals. There is one chap on here, possibly @Desmo (apologies if wrong person) whose cat goes walkies for sometimes weeks at a time without returning.
I do agree, cat's are mostly pointless. But my kids love our cat so much, they play with it, learn about caring for something else, learn about how animals are different from medicines they need, food they eat etc.
A dog sh*tting on the road and a cat sh*tting in your garden is not the same thing. Should all pigeons be impounded for sh*tting on your car? Hilarious.
Yes pigeons should. I hate them and their shit ruins the paintwork.

Well that's clearly against the law and if caught not picking up, they'll be fined.
But I can guarantee that the number of cat poos lying around the place will far outnumber the dog poos.
They certainly do not outnumber the dog poos on pavements in fact I would suggest you would struggle to find cat poo on a pavement. :rotfl:

And who is going to catch them not picking up their dogs poo?

Yep, that's Borris the Bengal :)
His longest holiday is 37 days but on average he comes home every 1-3 days. No idea if he's camping out in the wild or just made himself a home elsewhere but as long as he's fit and happy then it's all good. When he's home with us he gets and gives loads of cuddles.

Our other two are around most of the time and don't stray too far from home for long periods.

They aren't dumb, if the dog is out in their OWN garden then most cats will tease them or go away. If they are dumb enough to get caught, well that is nature. What should dog owners do, leave their pets indoors because some other cat might go in their garden...Don't be silly.
Of course they don't need to keep their dogs in. But to train a dog to hunt down a cat says a deal about that person. I don't mean you btw as I assume you haven't done this. When out walking our dog, who is very cat friendly due to us encouraging him to be as we have cats too, I would hear other walkers trying to hype their dogs up if they saw a cat, hissing 'cats' at them. Bloody morons.

My neighbour used to have two cats and they teased my previous staffie without mercy.

Until the times he caught them, in the garden.

Cat reflexes are superhuman and they are amazing hunters and very athletic.

And those two seriously under estimated a 20kg+ incredibly athletic and determined Staffordshire Bull Terrier....
S/he killed them? You sound proud of your staff.

They certainly do not outnumber the dog poos on pavements in fact I would suggest you would struggle to find cat poo on a pavement. :rotfl:

Depends where you live then. Around here I don't see any dog poos.
Besides, I regularly have to collect cat mess from my lawn. That's just my garden and I expect other neighbours have that problem. Never had to pick someone else's dog's mess from my garden.

And who is going to catch them not picking up their dogs poo?

Anyone can report it. If you don't pick up after your dog, you're taking the risk of being caught. Point is, there's a law against leaving dog poo. No such law exists for cats.

Of course they don't need to keep their dogs in. But to train a dog to hunt down a cat says a deal about that person. I don't mean you btw as I assume you haven't done this. When out walking our dog, who is very cat friendly due to us encouraging him to be as we have cats too, I would hear other walkers trying to hype their dogs up if they saw a cat, hissing 'cats' at them. Bloody morons.
I had someone say to me that it was natural for cats to chase cats and you could not train them not to, idiot.

Cats aren't pointless. They provide company and love for many many people.

Cats aren't pointless. They provide company and love for many many people.
I love both cats and dogs. I've three cats who were all from rescue and two are indoor only. My third sits delicately in the garden for a while and then returns in the house to poo! I'm very lucky she has no interest in birds either.

But the loyalty from her, in particular, is every bit as much as I get from my dog. She waits by the front door for me to get home and then follows me around along with the dog for the rest of the evening.

We used to have cats sh*t in our garden all the time. Now we have a cat, they don't. We just get foxes who sh*t everywhere! We had a fox leave a wet sh*t on top of a football! On top!
You sure that wasn’t just the feral kids from around the corner? 🤣
Yes pigeons should. I hate them and their sh*t ruins the paintwork.
Flying rats imo... I guess they do feed the hawks etc and I’m sure they must be useful for something else other than eating..

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom