Cat poo

They aren't dumb, if the dog is out in their OWN garden then most cats will tease them or go away. If they are dumb enough to get caught, well that is nature. What should dog owners do, leave their pets indoors because some other cat might go in their garden...Don't be silly.
Big difference between that and training a working dog to kill cats.

Which has reminded me, as it starts to get cooler, and the mice start to look for a warm home, I need to put the traps out again.

That's been more of a problem to me. At my previous place, mice did £8k worth of damage to my car, and it was in the garage.

Big difference between that and training a working dog to kill cats.
I did not say that...

Have you got a dog? Have you ever seen it over and over try and catch a cat. They stand no chance unless the cat is seriously dumb.

I did not say that...

Have you got a dog? Have you ever seen it over and over try and catch a cat. They stand no chance unless the cat is seriously dumb.
Or the cat is elderly. Though to be fair cats are far more at risk from traffic than dogs.

When I was out walking last week I saw a child about 10 years old defecating behind a stone shelter in the woods while her parents looked on ( there is a public toilet less than 100 yards away).
The following day, a friend's dog went and rolled in it. If you think cat poo is offensive then try scraping human excrement off a long haired dog.

Our house is at the end of a cul-de-sac with a footpath leading onwards into another small estate and then fields. It's well used by dog walkers and our open front garden was the first available bit of grass the dogs came to, so dog crap was a big problem. We've now fenced it off and put slate around it and this has kept both the dogs and cats from crapping on it. They don't like crossing the slate, so they move further down the path to the bit the council own.

Cats will roam, it's unavoidable, but you can train them to crap in certain areas in your own garden. A nice bit of sandy soil is perfect for them.

Foxes are another pest and they really stink. Their crap often gets mistaken for cats and they will dig up plants as well. Our neighbour was convinced our cat was digging up their plants until they actually spotted the fox in action.

Foxes are usually after worms. Though I had problems once when I'd used bone meal fertilizer.

Next door's cat would come into our garden and hunt for moles. They can kill all they like of those little destructive buggers. They make a right mess of my lawn.

I did not say that...

My neighbour used to have two cats and they teased my previous staffie without mercy.

Until the times he caught them, in the garden.

Cat reflexes are superhuman and they are amazing hunters and very athletic.

And those two seriously under estimated a 20kg+ incredibly athletic and determined Staffordshire Bull Terrier....

Foxes are another pest and they really stink. Their crap often gets mistaken for cats and they will dig up plants as well. Our neighbour was convinced our cat was digging up their plants until they actually spotted the fox in action.
Yes, foxes like one particular square foot of my garden and are constantly digging up soil and plants so they can crap in it.

My neighbour used to have two cats and they teased my previous staffie without mercy.

Until the times he caught them, in the garden.

Cat reflexes are superhuman and they are amazing hunters and very athletic.

And those two seriously under estimated a 20kg+ incredibly athletic and determined Staffordshire Bull Terrier....
Hehehe our dog is very fast at sprinting from sleep. But oh so dumb. He just charges like a lunatic in our garden and the cats already jumped the fence behind him, sit on there and laugh at him 🤣

However when mara or munkjacks or Percy our resident pheasant enter we keep him away. They are no match.

Hehehe our dog is very fast at sprinting from sleep. But oh so dumb. He just charges like a lunatic in our garden and the cats already jumped the fence behind him, sit on there and laugh at him 🤣
Yeah that Staffie was very smart (he also didn't stop for fences and went straight through one chasing a cat on another occasion!).
The current Staffie is like a mini hurricane made of bricks and he's as daft as a brush... 🤣

Last edited:
A friend in New Zealand used to have the dumbest farm dog we've ever met.

He would regularly turn up on neighbouring farms - lucky not to be shot, having got out of his harness and hitched a ride in the back of their ute, normally unseen. Failing an available ride, he would just run through fences, wood splintering in his wake and ignore all other animals, but of course a field of sheep will panic when they see a dog hurtling towards them, as they don't know he will just run on and out the otherside...

He just liked people, and the more he could meet the better. A shame therefore he looked and sounded like an angry prize fighter all the time, when all he really wanted to do was lick you to death...

(He could also crap while running, so he didn't have to stop. Quite a feat if you can manage it...)

I might take you up on that if I ever get to do this taxidermy course! :blush:
The last one from 2 weeks ago was a fat little fudgeer!

IMG_2408.HEIC

Fairly sure the cats know the OP hates them, so do more it to wind him up. Like when I used to play knock down ginger in my street when I was a kid.

I do see the double standards here. If a person let their dog crap in someone elses garden and didn't clean it up, people would be pissed off. Cats do it all the time yet people in general don't even raise an eyebrow. I find cats poo even worse, too as they have a horrible habit of half burying it so harder to see to remove. I had a friend whose front garden beds were full of half buried cats poo and it was revolting.

I do see the double standards here. If a person let their dog crap in someone elses garden and didn't clean it up, people would be pissed off. Cats do it all the time yet people in general don't even raise an eyebrow. I find cats poo even worse, too as they have a horrible habit of half burying it so harder to see to remove. I had a friend whose front garden beds were full of half buried cats poo and it was revolting.
Double standards? On the internet? I'm both shocked and outraged in equal measure.

They aren't dumb, if the dog is out in their OWN garden then most cats will tease them or go away. If they are dumb enough to get caught, well that is nature. What should dog owners do, leave their pets indoors because some other cat might go in their garden...Don't be silly.
I used to have a greyhound and once, on Christmas Eve, it caught a cat in our garden. There was blood everywhere, don't know how badly the cat was injured but it got away and don't know what happened to it. My dog ended up in pain with a ripped up muzzle and claws embedded in it. Had to run around trying to find a vet open on such an awkward day and ended up with a big bill to get my dog treated. Wish I could have found the cat owners who rightly should have to pay that bill, imo. I'm guessing a lot of people would be outraged by that opinion though.

And then there are all the wild animals, they pop wherever they like and don’t clean up either. But I’m supposed to pick up my dogs poo from amongst the braken. It doesn’t make sense to me.

Ok I'm safe, the cat lover's brigade is outnumbered here :)
Seriously though it's a good point about the cat poo being half buried, or put in quite inaccessible places for humans. However if we let our dog out in the garden, I can guarantee he'll be going behind the hedge and all such places where the cats deposit their mess. Now I can't imagine it's that healthy for a dog to be ingesting cat poo.
And why should I be forced to scour my garden for it every time I want to let my dog out?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom