Cat poo

daftpunk1

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Going to be a bit of a biased thread here but i hate cats, im a dog man.

But i dont want any animal doing their business in my garden, ive got three kids and no time for animals.

Same two neighbours cats coming in night after night, i see everything on cctv.

Funny thing ive just read cats have a right to roam and shit where they want.

How can this be, its an £80 fine if dog owners dont pick up their litter.

Is there anything i can do, obviously i don't want to out poison or anything down, but need to do something.

Why are cars not kept indoors at night, if they are domestic animals they should be treated as such

You can try to physically keep them out but that will mean tall fences with spikes on. You can try an ultrasonic repeller - my cat hating sister has one which she swears by. However my 57 year old ears could hear it so it maybe annoying to your kids.
There are things cats dont like the smell of like rue and orange peel.
You can also get lion poo which makes the cats think a really big cat is in residence and stay away!

I would love to get a dog but my wife is cared. That would soon put an end to them. I really hate cats with a passion, nothing friendly about them,

Dogs piss and shit in their own garden to mark their territory, cats should do the same.

Obviously cats and dogs to two most owned pets, they should be treated the same.

You can try to physically keep them out but that will mean tall fences with spikes on. You can try an ultrasonic repeller - my cat hating sister has one which she swears by. However my 57 year old ears could hear it so it maybe annoying to your kids.
There are things cats dont like the smell of like rue and orange peel.
You can also get lion poo which makes the cats think a really big cat is in residence and stay away!

You can try those things, but I've tried them all, and the most effective deterrent was this

catwaterspray.jpg

Leave the puddies alone. They're stupid and don't know what they're doing.

I would love to get a dog but my wife is cared. That would soon put an end to them. I really hate cats with a passion, nothing friendly about them,

Dogs piss and sh*t in their own garden to mark their territory, cats should do the same.

Obviously cats and dogs to two most owned pets, they should be treated the same.
Dogs and cats have a different evolutionary history. Dogs see themselves as part of your "pack" and so recognise the pack boundaries and mark them. Cats are still very much individual hunters with their own territory to mark - they just don't see fences as a boundary. The boundary for them is where the next cat has scent marked . Unfortunately poo can also form part of this feline boundary setting.
Maybe one day we'll work out how to explain this to cats. Maybe I can explain to mine that scratching the wall paper when I've bought her two scratching posts is rather annoying!

Why are cars not kept indoors at night, if they are domestic animals they should be treated as such
The garage is full of crap unfortunately……

Is there anything i can do, obviously i don't want to out poison or anything down, but need to do something.
Would you really like your neighbors jumping accros every day to pick up poo?

Try automatic water sprinkler.

:D

Cat reflexes are no joke lol

As cat owners, we have similar issues trying to stop our cat crapping in next doors garden. As responsible owners, we've done what we can to stop our cat, but now all the other cats in neighbourhood have moved in to claim the territory. I cut all my neighbours front lawns so that they don't have to deal with the cat crap deposited there and they take whatever measures they need to to discourage cats from their back gardens.

I second the water spray, as nothing else really works other than blocking up as much access to your garden as possible. Lion poo was an utter and very smelly failure, as was the ultrasound.

Unfortunately cats crapping are as much a part of community living as are barking dogs and noisy parties. Bloody annoying but ultimately not the end of the world.

Watching your dog shit on the pavement and walking away from it is a little different from a cat jumping in your garden to take a dump without the owner's knowledge.

No idea why people get cats just to let them roam about though. There are loads of cats around my area and they're roaming about all day and night. They surely only go home when hungry so you have to ask, what's the point?

Earlier this summer I put the tent up to clean and air out to get it ready for camping trips. Within minutes my daughter stood in cat shit and trod it all through the tent.:facepalm:

I have 2 cats and they don't leave the vicinity of my property but they do attract a lot of other cats. If they aren't shitting in my garden they are crying at the doors and windows throughout the night.

I love my cats but they've definitely put me off getting any more pets - when they're gone, I am done.

Dog owners aren't perfect, my neighbour has 2 dogs and artificial grass which I don't think she cleans often. Some days the smell is awful. She also leaves the used poo bags in a pile to the side of the front door and disposes of them in bulk on bin day. On windy days they have blown into our garden.

Cats owners letting their cats roam the neighbourhood is just ignorance. Obviously they know they are shitting where they like so it is just as bad as dogs shitting on the street.

What i would like to see is cats to be lifted if they are found roaming and fines issued. That would put an end to it.

There needs to be laws implementes that all domestic pets cant be allowed to roam free.

I have one thing to say about this. Well maybe a couple :)
Unless you live in the outer Hebrides and don't have any neighbours closer than say a mile or two then it's just one of those issues we all have to live with. If our neighbours have cats then we can expect these cats to dump in our gardens. It's a pain but unfortunately cats are not like dogs in the fact that you cannot keep a cat solely domestically. If you live in an urban environment then you'll have to just get used to it because no matter how often a cat owner tries to to train their cat to not go in their neighbouring gardens to take a dump or pee they will always do so. And no matter how much you complain to your neighbours they will not have any control over this issue unless they forcibly keep their cats indoors at all times, which is not fair on the animals. Is it a big issue?

Cats owners letting their cats roam the neighbourhood is just ignorance. Obviously they know they are sh*tting where they like so it is just as bad as dogs sh*tting on the street.

What i would like to see is cats to be lifted if they are found roaming and fines issued. That would put an end to it.​

There needs to be laws implementes that all domestic pets cant be allowed to roam free.
What do you mean Lifted? Impounded??

TOP TIP Best thing i did was got a bag of sand put it down the ally way down the side of the house cut it open the cats love going in there and now dont go anywhere else in my garden

Cats owners letting their cats roam the neighbourhood is just ignorance. Obviously they know they are sh*tting where they like so it is just as bad as dogs sh*tting on the street.

What i would like to see is cats to be lifted if they are found roaming and fines issued. That would put an end to it.

I’d like to see the same but for children, not cats.

W

And who pray is going to be 'lifting' all these cats, around my block that would be around 6/7 all of whom are welcome to call, one or two even come into my flat in fact here is one of them.
20210831_062536.jpg

You see some daft stuff posted on these forums, I post some of it myself, but this is a cracker. :rotfl:

Last edited:
I'm not keen on cats either, but it is one of those thing that is totally not worth it to be worried about. You cannot stop it. It is what they do. Same thing with Pigeons and other birds, they also shit all over the place. Heck some people do, I mean a flight we were on and the smell coming from that baby was not pleasant.

Anyway, if it really bothers the OP so much, the best solution will be to get a working dog and keep it outside. Train it to 'catch' cats :) That will sort it!

The two cats around here (owned by separate families) tend to ‘work’ for their living - they help keep the mouse population down, so can’t complain too much. The pheasants leave more crap on our property than the cats. I am definitely more of a dog person, but don’t mind the odd cat ‘working’ our patch - a shame they don’t go after the squirrels though!

Which has reminded me, as it starts to get cooler, and the mice start to look for a warm home, I need to put the traps out again.

Yeah, if anyone needs a supply of rats…….i can accommodate.

Yeah, if anyone needs a supply of rats…….i can accommodate.
I have couple, friendly pair though a couple of my cat visitors are aware of them and would love to introduce themselves. :rotfl:

I'm not keen on cats either, but it is one of those thing that is totally not worth it to be worried about. You cannot stop it. It is what they do. Same thing with Pigeons and other birds, they also sh*t all over the place. Heck some people do, I mean a flight we were on and the smell coming from that baby was not pleasant.

Anyway, if it really bothers the OP so much, the best solution will be to get a working dog and keep it outside. Train it to 'catch' cats :) That will sort it!
Yep lovely thought that someone’s pet cat being ripped to shreds by a dog.

Yep lovely thought that someone’s pet cat being ripped to shreds by a dog.
They aren't dumb, if the dog is out in their OWN garden then most cats will tease them or go away. If they are dumb enough to get caught, well that is nature. What should dog owners do, leave their pets indoors because some other cat might go in their garden...Don't be silly.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom