• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Cat cables sorted, advise on the rest appreciated

avlava

Established Member
hi,

Like many others i'm running cables around a house renovation.

I'm pretty sorted on my HDMI over Cat6 cabling, and running Cat6 all back to a central store under the stairs to a switch/patch panel. (I know about hdmi and cat6 to not go into the switch as its not hdmi over IP btw)

I've got to do the following so if anyone has any advise that would be great.

1. From reading around people mention running coax cable.
Q:What sort and is this just for freeview type viewing from the main aerial? Q:What is Ct100 cable?

2. I've also got to run speaker cable for my 5.1 rears and centre from under stairs to lounge. I'm into decent stuff but distances could easily be 15m+ and thats channelling the floor out.
Q:Any recommendations here? I was thinking of attempting speaker cable with cat cables, as here

3. Sub cable from amp under stairs to lounge.
Q: What sort of cable do i need for this distance +15m.
Is there an alternative to the normal RCA cable? I think Subs need something different that normal interconnects??

4. Normal RCA connects for stereo bypass from under stairs AV amp (to a dedicated stereo amp in the lounge) is needed, but over large distances i'm not sure where to get cables, or if i can use Cat cable again.
Q: Anyone any thoughts?

Hope someone has the time for some pointers, as i'm getting lost in it all now. :(

Cheers

avlava

Established Member
Mods, can you change the thread title it got overwritten by the little worms in my keyboard :)

Title should have read: "Cat cables sorted, advise on the rest appreciated"

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom