Cat 3.1 control panel and driver problem please help

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by fatrich, Feb 24, 2003.

1. fatrich

fatrich

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Cat 3.1 driver and control Panel problem
    Hi
    Can anyone please help me, i have just updated the tt to the new .23 patch and the ffd show and every thing is just fine.My problem is that i have been using the Ati 3.0 cat driver and control panel, so i uninstalled both the panel and the driver last night (no issues) then installed the new driver 3.1 (no problem) and then the control panel 3.1 (again no problems) then i set the resolution (via the latest version of powerstrip) and then this is when i new i had a problem, i wanted to chang the overlay in the control panel, so i pressed settings>advanced the screen flickered a few times and nothing happened so i waited a minute or so pressed it again still nothing so i went to x out and i got an error report saying it could not access it.

I uninstalled the driver and control panel and installed them again still the same.So i downloaded the driver and panel again installed and still it hangs.

Anyone got any ideas please?

By the way the 3.0 cat driver and panel im using at present when i go in to the control panel and press advanced i still get a screen flicker and after about 5 to 10 seconds it lets me in to the control panel

thanks in advance

richard

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Did you also upgrade to DX9?

The Cat 3.1s are DX9 drivers, so you should have DX9 installed before running them.

Just a thought.

BTW, there is a link to DX9 on ATI's download page (in the Cat 3.1 page). Has to be done on-line though :mad:

Best of luck :smashin:

3. fatrich

fatrich

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Problem fixed
    I simply deleted the driver and panel and all the files that could be deleted, went in to regedit and pulled all the ati video listings.Now both the 3.1 driver and panel work ok, even though it was 1am when i finished.
    Now at last i can do some testing
    cheers

richard

4. Steve Bate

Steve Bate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Rich,

Is it worth going to DX9 & Cat 3.1 or stay with DX8.1 and Cat 2.5?

Steve