Casual gaming laptop with sleek design

Alex55

Novice Member
Hi there!
I'm looking to buy a new laptop. I'm currently the owner of a Lenovo Legion Y520. Though I've been quite happy with it, I'm ready to invest in something new.
What I'm looking for is some kind of multipurpose laptop that can be used for casual gaming as well as movies, but also to work on. When I'm talking gaming, I'm referring to games such as World of Warcraft, League of Legends and CS:GO. Hence, I don't need an extremely powerful gaming PC. I'd rather lose a bit of gaming performance and get a quality built PC, with a sleeker design, less loud, less hot and perhaps a better screen. I've been looking at the HP Omen 15 (mainly due to the sleek design), but it might be too powerful for my purposes. I'd rather downgrade the graphics here for some more RAM/better CPU.

My budget is ~1500$.
I'm quite firm on a 15'6 monitor.
I usually have a lot going on simultaneously and have a lot of tabs open, so a fair amount of RAM would be nice.
As I'm frequently running large scripts, a decent CPU is also a priority.
I'm indifferent regarding speakers.
SSD is desired, but I can live with 500GB if it means keeping the budget.

All suggestions are welcomed!

Thank you!

Last edited:

Alex55

Novice Member
Hi there!
I'm looking to buy a new laptop. I'm currently the owner of a Lenovo Legion Y520. Though I've been quite happy with it, I'm ready to invest in something new.
What I'm looking for is some kind of multipurpose laptop that can be used for casual gaming as well as movies, but also to work on. When I'm talking gaming, I'm referring to games such as World of Warcraft, League of Legends and CS:GO. Hence, I don't need an extremely powerful gaming PC. I'd rather lose a bit of gaming performance and get a quality built PC, with a sleeker design, less loud, less hot and perhaps a better screen.
My budget is ~1500$.
I'm quite firm on a 15'6 monitor.
I usually have a lot going on simultaneously and have a lot of tabs open, so a fair amount of RAM would be nice.
As I'm frequently running large scripts, a decent CPU is also a priority.
I'm indifferent regarding speakers.
SSD is desired, but I can live with 500GB if it means keeping the budget.

All suggestions are welcomed!

Thank you!
Any suggestions?

Carbon 60

Hi Alex55,

I see your profile says you are in Denmark but you have selected your buying currency as USD. Will you be buying the laptop from a Danish retailer/seller, and if so this might be why you have not received any replies, and people who don't really want to be carrying out all sorts of currency conversions.

Currency conversion 1500 USD = 1087 GBP and 1100 GBP = 9500 DKK

I found this new Dell Inspiron 15 7000 for 8639 DKK direct from Dell and think it will be suitable for your needs.

When you say casual gaming this will also depends on your game settings. The games you quote will all play on the integrated Intel UHD Graphics 630 (or HD 630) but at low, possibly medium settings, but a low-end entry level dedicated graphics card would be better. I'm thinking GeForce GTX 1650 4GB or similar.

I'd also suggest the Dell XPS 15 bought as a manufacturer certified refurb from your Dell Outlet with a 12 month warranty but couldn't find the Danish site. You could look on eBay too from Trusted Premium Service computer sellers with 100% (or close to that) positive feedback who sell Certified Refurbished Dell laptops with a full Dell guarantee.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom