Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow, Best Price?

Waser

Established Member
Reaction score
I've never played Castlevania games before so I thought given the reviews this game got for the DS I may give it a go. Anyone know where I can get this at a decent price?

Most places are still charging a fair amount for it.

thanks.

this is a game i have fancied getting myself. doing a quick search i have found two places doing it for under £20

there is yesasia.com - this is jap version £15 with free delivery
http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/code-j/section-games/pid-1004245363/

and thegamescollection.net - uk/us version £19.95 with free delivery
http://www.thegamecollection.net/castlevania-dawn-sorrow-p-371.html?ad=froogle

virgin are charging £32.99 and hmv don't stovk it!

if either of these are no good, you could take a punt on ebay

Thanks I found thegamecollection link myself but it's out of stock unfortunately. The Yesasia one is the Jap version. Is that multilanguage? Anyone know?

Thanks. I'll give it a couple of weeks while I wind up on the old Phoenix Wright. Hopefully I'll see it around the £17ish mark by then. It's really held it's value hasn't it? I swear it was released 1.5 years ago?

Try one of the two GBA versions. They're pretty much the same gameplay wise and you should be able to find them for pretty cheap nowadays.

My mistake - Movietyme are selling the new Castleavania (Portrait of Ruin) for £21.99!

It is holding its value well - that's because retailers don't stock it and because its meant to be very very good!

I thought it was tedious.

Will you be counting the three Nintendogs titles listed as one, or will all three be essential to your quest?

Ive got the Daschund one, thats plenty I think.

And I sold sonic rush a while ago so need to get that one again

Is it any good? My girlfriend keeps telling me to get it, as she had Sonic on the Megadrive years and years ago.

It not bad, if anything the levels are too big, itd take you an age to fully search each complicated stage, which i found a bit annoying other than that its just sonic

Well I hope it does, as that means more classic games are coming out all the time, which I will keep buying until I have the top 50

Give castlevania a couple of hours last night its a very good game im quite impressed.

Im not in love because I dont like the way you can only use the whip straight in front of you but i suppose thats a staple part of the series. Or that the baddies respawn when you leave the screen.

But you can switch characters at any time and do tag team stuff, and theres a choice of weapons. The musics good and its a good solid 2d platformer (which the ds is keeping alive singlehandedly)

Good game (the bosses are hard)

My Dawn of Sorrow arrived from play.com this morning - great service and great price!

INSOMANiAC - If you have never played a Castlevania game before, stick with it, they are one of the best action/adventure series I have ever played!

Ive done about 3 or so hours on it, died many times its not easy, ill say that much.

As I say, great game, you have to appreciate a quality 2d platformer. Trouble is, Im completely lost, Im supposed to get some meat off a butcher in town or something, i have no idea where the town is and I cant find the shopkeeper and the bloke who trains you either now :confused: I spent an couple of hours wandering around aimlessly last night...... :confused: :confused:

Ive done about 3 or so hours on it, died many times its not easy, ill say that much.

As I say, great game, you have to appreciate a quality 2d platformer. Trouble is, Im completely lost, Im supposed to get some meat off a butcher in town or something, i have no idea where the town is and I cant find the shopkeeper and the bloke who trains you either now :confused: I spent an couple of hours wandering around aimlessly last night...... :confused: :confused:

There is a walkthrough here
http://uk.faqs.ign.com/objects/695/695639.html

Im not a cheater !!!! :rolleyes:

Thing with the game is, you think youve only missed one room, but when you go into it it opens into a massive level. Ive dont most of the first section just need to do one more photo I think, then if i dont meet this butcher bloke i really will be stuck.

This game does require a lot of exploration and sometimes I feel that some hand-helding could make it a tighter experience.

Haven't played Dawn of Sorrow yet so don't know how hard it is, but Circle of the Moon on the GBA was hardcore (the hardest of the GBA series anyway), but that's part of the fun!

I ordered mine from play.com on 19 Dec. 06 and received it today (22 Dec. 06).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom