1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Castles and BT 33 Brackets

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by sneaky, Apr 3, 2004.

1. sneaky

sneaky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well Well,

I have had an excellent evening (NOT).

I have screwed the BT33 brackets on to the back of my new Castle Compacts, drilled 3 holes and screwed the bracket to the wall. Guess what the bracket has snapped and the speaker fell to the floor from about three feet.

I dont know whats going on at Castle but Id thought that these brackets where never gonna hold the speakers but I trusted them and thought they must have tried the brackets for themselves - mind you they sent the same bracket for the centre and that was twice as heavy as the sats.

1) Presumably I can send the brackets back and get my money back.

2) Im also presuming I should be able to send the speaker back too.

Anyone else got experience of the Compacts and the BTECH BT33 Speaker Brackets.

Anyone got any ideas on what a god solutin will be for hanging the speakers.

Chris

2. redshift

redshift
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I know this post was a long time ago but just to report that exactly the same thing happened to me around December 2004. Wish I had seen your post first! Fortunately no damage done, the speaker fell onto carpet.

I wrote and complained to both Castle and the bracket manufacturer, not a peep back from either of them.

3. sneaky

sneaky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also wrote to the companies involved and was asked by Castle to send the brackets to them so that they could check them out and they would give me my £35 back for the brackets. Subsequently I have heard nothing and didnt get any money back. That was well over a year ago.

I eventually played safe and bought some AVF brackets from B and Q.

Decent speakers S***E amateurish company to deal with - when you ring them they sound like a one man and a dog outfit.