Castle Season 3 on alibi - Missing Episodes

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by gobstopper, Jan 11, 2012.

1. gobstopper

gobstopper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Being a late-comer to this programme I caught season 1 when it was aired over the summer on Channel 5. Noticing that alibi seemed to be it's regular home, I was pleased to discover they were re-running season 2 which tied in quite nicely as it started airing not long after channel 5 finished season 1.

Then towards the end of last year they began airing season 3 on Wednesday evenings. I began to record these episodes while continuing to watch season 2. Initially they were showing two season 3 episodes back-to-back and then, just before Christmas, reverted to a single episode each Wednesday evening before taking a break - to show some Christmassy stuff, I guess. I went to the alibi web site and checked the scheduling info to make sure I was ready when they started up again. A week or so ago I noticed that the episode numbers I had given the season 3 recordings weren't matching the corresponding descriptions of the episodes and it was at this point I noticed that they hadn't appeared to air episode 9 (Close Encounters). Returning to the scheduling page I noticed that they provided info for the next few episodes, so I checked this information against the episode listings on IMDB.

Last week they aired an episode called "Poof you're dead", which is Ep12. Tonight they are showing Ep14 which means they have skipped 13 in addition to 9. Following the schedule info on alibi they have published broadcast dates up until Ep21, but (curiously) in addition to 9 & 13, they also appear not to be showing episodes 18 or 20 either.

Ep 14 - Wed 11th Jan
    Ep 15 - Wed 18th Jan
    Ep 16 - Wed 25th Jan
    Ep 17 - Wed 1st Feb
    Ep 18 - Wed 8th Feb
    Ep 21 - Wed 15th Feb

So far they don't appear to have messed around with the season 2 episodes they are airing on Thursday evenings. This week is S2-Ep21 and 22-24 are all scheduled for the following weeks.

Does anyone happen to be aware of any reasons behind the odd scheduling of season 3?

2. gobstopper

gobstopper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Having previously contacted UKTV about this and after waiting 4 days for a response, I decided to post my query here. As if by magic I receive an e-mail response within an hour of doing so.

For any who's interested:-

3. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    Hi,

Or in other words "Due to our scheduling team being incompetent, and unable to count upto 24, they're now having to drop episodes, because of their own ineptness and stupidity"! :facepalm:

Pooch