1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Castle Pembroke speakers - opinions

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by xfiles, Jan 24, 2004.

1. xfiles

xfiles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could anyone give me opinions about this speakers or others that you think its interesting. I Want to use them with YAMAHA 540 RDS.
    Thank you...
    I searched for reviews but didn´t find.

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    No first hand experience but Hifi Choice certainly liked them in their review here

3. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    They are very good - possibly not quite as good as the Severns still very good - they get better and better with more running in as well.

I tested ex demo

The Severns were fully run in the Pembrokes tight (I am sure ex display not ex demo) - the Severns they blew one of the tweeters:eek: my wife prefered the Pembroke veneer.

Also a 3 figure sun difference also came into it - still was £450 for Pembrokes.

I would recommend test listening to a pair.

But there is a slight stiltedness to them which disappears after a few days use.

I am happy with them - I haven't really got the room for anything bigger, they look nice (my wife likes av kit however it must look nice and be decent quality - I am not allowed to buy cheap crap)

So here it is unless you want to spend about £600 get the Pembrokes:clap: :smashin:

4. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Seen clearance for about £380
    Heard Harlechs (a few higher I know) they sounded fantastic but the thing that sell them to me is the finish. Buy them if not buy the next model!!

5. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    The quality of finish is superb - they look much much nicer than plastic cased mini speakers.

6. phlegm

phlegm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

It's an old post but for what it's worth I have owned a set of these speakers for almost 20 years now. They are old but still amaze people when they come over. I have them hooked up to a new Denon 3407 or something like that. :)

I'm thinking of replacing them this year and will probably get the same thing. (With the surround addons of course)

I love them.