Cast Phone To TV Suddenly Breaks

Budfudder

Novice Member
Reaction score
I regularly cast from my phone to my TV - typically YouTube videos and movies, etc., from Disney+.

Last Friday night I went to do the same...and all of a sudden it won't work. When I try from YouTube it thinks about it for a while and then says it can't find anywhere to cast to. When I try it from Disney+, it never gives me the option to cast (which, I believe, is what it does when it can't find anywhere to cast to).

I've made no changes to my TV setup or my phone between the last time it worked and now.

What can I do to find out what the problem is and fix it?

I regularly cast from my phone to my TV - typically YouTube videos and movies, etc., from Disney+.

Last Friday night I went to do the same...and all of a sudden it won't work. When I try from YouTube it thinks about it for a while and then says it can't find anywhere to cast to. When I try it from Disney+, it never gives me the option to cast (which, I believe, is what it does when it can't find anywhere to cast to).

I've made no changes to my TV setup or my phone between the last time it worked and now.

What can I do to find out what the problem is and fix it?

As you have us given nothing to work with, try our American cousins on AVSForum.

I apologise; I didn't realise that this was a non-American forum.

It is not and you are welcome here. But put some meat on the bone, I expect they will say something similar. Nobody UK or US is likely to help with the total lack of information given, it would just be all guess work.

It is not and you are welcome here. But put some meat on the bone, I expect they will say something similar. Nobody UK or US is likely to help with the total lack of information given, it would just be all guess work.
Okay, thanks for letting me know. I'll edit the OP and put in more info.

Are you casting to your smart tv or a google chromecast, if it’s a chromecast first thing to do is reset it

Are you casting to your smart tv or a google chromecast, if it’s a chromecast first thing to do is reset it
We have a chromecast device plugged into our TV, and that's what we've previously used. When it didn't work a couple of days ago, we rebooted everything - TV, phone - and unplugged the chromecast device completely from the TV.

[

We have a chromecast device plugged into our TV, and that's what we've previously used. When it didn't work a couple of days ago, we rebooted everything - TV, phone - and unplugged the chromecast device completely from the TV.

You can reset a chromecast by holding the button on the side for about 30 seconds or so, it would have to be connected when you do that, then you’ll have set it up again like it’s a new device, well worth a try.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom