Casshern

Miyazaki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to watch this one, just dispatched from cd-wow. :thumbsup:

Should be here by tuesday! :clap:

I've ordered this as well, hopefully it turns out to be a good movie!

It is a movie...

I'll let you all know how good I think it is. Style over substance is fine once in a while if the style is substantial! :thumbsup:

Well, it is supposedly released theatrically on the 18th of February. Hopefully it'll be showing at my local UGC ( :lease: ) as i've been waiting ages to see this and i'd rather see it in the cinema.

The mixed reviews haven't put me off either, as Games Guru said a little style over substance now and then never hurt anyone. From what i've read the story telling is typical "anime", but it looks stunning.

I've been creaming myself about this film for over a year now, and when i saw it by chance on cd-wow I almost had a heart attack. So needless to say I am looking forward to it! :laugh:

This movie looks pretty damn sweet. I just downloaded the 20MB trailer and shown it to all my colleagues. I've ordered my R3 copy from CD-Wow and am waiting with baited breath for it to arrive.

I think I might hold-off watching it until I've seen it at the cinema though (on general release on the 25th of Feb, but I can't see it listed anywhere).

DT

HI,

Just dont expect a all out action movie. In that respect i was dissapointed.
The movie is too overly complicated and there are loopholes. Yes
the movie looks great, but the story is not all that. Too much preaching.

rai

raigraphixs said:
HI,

Just dont expect a all out action movie. In that respect i was dissapointed.
The movie is too overly complicated and there are loopholes. Yes
the movie looks great, but the story is not all that. Too much preaching.

rai

I'll second that comment too...great to look at but a bit pedestrian.

Got it yesterday, I fell asleep after 1/2 hour as I was so knackered. Will give it a proper whirl tonight!

That good eh?

Sorry guys, I'm a hardened japanophile and mangaholic, but this movie just didn't do it for me, on any level. The CG was generally pants, the story was impossible to follow, and there was almost no character development. I don't think it looks particularly "stunning" either.

I can see what they were trying to achieve (literally a moving comic), but they failed to make a watchable film out of it.

One for the kids methinks.

Very disappointed :(

Watched it on Sunday and was completely blown away.

The CGI was incrediable, particularly the robots, and the soundtrack was phenomenal!

The dialogue was hard to follow, and I didn't really understand some of what was going on, but on the whole it was an amazing film. I can't wait to watch it again!

8.5/10 :thumbsup:

The big robot at the end, yes, but certianly not the others!!

4/10 :thumbsdow

i've got over an hour of it to go! i've never watched a film in two halves before but it was really getting on my tits so i turned it off (started playing mercenaires - 8 hours later i went to bed)

very strange - but i got it free from CDWOW so its not like i wasted money on it or anything.

Gary

Anyone else find this is impossible to deinterlace properly. Looks like they've mucked up the cadence (in a similar way to the various versions of HERO floating about). Some sort of transcode.

Just watched this....worst film I've ever seen.

Mr.D said:
Just watched this....worst film I've ever seen.

I take it you haven't seen "Dude, Where's My Car" or "Kung-Pow - Enter The Fist" then?

started playing mercenaires - 8 hours later

Sorry i know its a bit or a lot :offtopic: but i too am pretty hooked on that at the mo.

Games Guru said:
I take it you haven't seen "Dude, Where's My Car"?

:offtopic:

Admittedly, not a great film, but those gay 1980's styled german aliens are hilarious. Worth watching if only for them!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom